Shark 6m/SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark 6m/SLS

I am currently building a Shark 6m direct drive ( nose prop)...since the area in the cockpit is limited I wonder if anyone has any pics of they're install...I will be using two 6 cell 4000ma packs and 2 RX packs along with a power box and Rx....I may have to take out the pilot seat and build a flat insert in order to get everything to fit...any ideas ??
    Thx Hans

I received the programmer today, I"ll set the servo and get it back to you right away,.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thx Lenny....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Wiederkehr View Post
        I may have to take out the pilot seat and build a flat insert in order to get everything to fit...any ideas ??
        Thx Hans
        Hi Hans,

With some planning and squeezing, you might be able to get everything under the pan. While not a direct comparison, this is the 12S interior of my 5.33 meter Arcus. Crowded, but the seat pan still fits.

Good luck!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	43791

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Hans Wiederkehr
          Hans Wiederkehr commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve,
          I see you are using the 6s 6000ma packs...what gauge wire are they using on those packs....I have to have a "bridle" to run them in series
          Thx Hans

• Steve P
          Steve P commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are three 4S packs in series. Not 6s. The packs have 10ga wires. Yes, you can see my series setup for three packs in the photo. You can make one up or there are numerous ready made versions on eBay that link two packs in series. I’ve come to really like the XT90 connectors. The ones with a green bar are anti spark.
          Last edited by Steve P; 02-22-2021, 05:40 PM.

• Hans Wiederkehr
          Hans Wiederkehr commented
          Editing a comment
          Great Thx Steve !!

Steve !!!!! Great to hear from you, you were one of the "regular" guys on the ESL circuit back in the day....do you still fly ESL ? ...and you moved, thought you were from the Maryland area ? As I remember you were very good flying ESL,. scale is certainly relaxing and I cant wait to fly. My 6m Shark is coming out nice, Lenny is the best, actually went to HS with him, he was a hell of a RB...
        Anyway, thanks for the pic, I will look close to see how you did the install. Thx Again
        Hans

Comment

Hello Hans, it's Gunny Bumburs. And you were a coach in Babylon HS. I remember you always stopped in Mr. Allen's classroom (drafting and design) to check out the progress of my model airplane designs. As I type this... I'm packing up and moving out of Babylon... Near High point Aviation.
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Hello Gunny
            I certainly remember you...you were the only one in class that took it seriously.....I finally retired and moved to SC....my passion has always been sailplanes ( Dad built the real ones) but loved teaching and coaching at Babylon....where is High Point Aviation ?

Comment

Hans,

It’s where you will be making a drive to from SC three times a year.

If you remember from back in the day, that is where the fall Cumberland Soar For Fun occurs. DCRC, Skip Schow, CASA, Jim Dolly, etc. A long history. Jim now owns the mountaintop and has turned it into a soaring paradise.

Sure you doubt me now. They all do.
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Wow....that is beautiful !! Cant wait !! My brother owns a private airport southwest of Albany ( Nettie's Place ) its on the Aero charts....we would have access to two huge hangers, power, log cabin...it has a tar runway about 300meters...then nice grass..ATV's...2000 ft. runway...he is a full size glider pilot in Seattle...he said we could use it anytime....its about 3 - 4 hrs from Long Island...

Let me know, I fly my f3-J stuff there when I visit

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
                  Sinkhappens86 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Short drive for us, wed be there!

• Soaranator
                  Soaranator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm pretty sure I'd be available to fly there whenever...

• stevekremer
                  stevekremer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks good to me as well
              Working...
              X