2021 South Carolina Aerotow 12-15th, August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 South Carolina Aerotow 12-15th, August

The 1st South Carolina Aerotow will be held at the Flying Tigers Field near Lake City, SC. on August 12-15, 2021.

Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	45125
    Last edited by Steve P; 07-09-2021, 10:23 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

You know Snatch and I will be there!

Jeremy
      SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

You make it sound like a threat, Swiss. I already stocked up on Chick-fil-A stuff. :-)

Comment

• Swiss1
          Swiss1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny, NOT!

This should be fun!

Comment

few questions for the new event.. can we bring our rv and arrive on the 11th afternoon and is there electric 30a service for the rv sites that i can register for now to be sure to have that when we arrive. les powell and myself are wanting to plan it based on weather but im sure it will have plenty of flying time that time of the year over several days.......

once i get the about answers we will both pre register through the link.
          thanks
          joe lossen

Comment

Hi Joe, you can certainly bring your RV and come in on the 11tyh. No problem. Yes, if you reserve a powered spot you will have 30A service. Let me know how many spots you need. The maximum length of the spots is about 50ft. In case you are longer (e.g. RV plus trailer) you need 2 spots next to each other to be able to drop your trailer. Hope that answers all your questions.

Thanks,
            Christian

Comment

Do I need to reserve a "power pole" for my airplane trailer?

Comment

• Turbine
                Turbine commented
                Editing a comment
                If you want to plug in shore power, yes.

thanks christian les powell has made his registration and included the rv spot we need i will also register as a pilot now myself.. see you on the 11th afternoon.. hope others join in and help make it a fun aero tow

Comment

Is there a SECURED hangar to store the aircraft overnight? Much easier if we don't have to break them down every night.

Comment

• Turbine
                  Turbine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. There is a hangar. Please let me know whether you need a powered spot.

How many sailplane pilots have registered so far?

Comment

Only 2 more days till the 1. South Carolina Aerotow is on its way. The field looks great. Weather forecast promises good lift and beautiful conditions. Let's fill up that hangar, guys. Can't wait.

Comment

Field looks in great shape!

Comment

The 1. South Carolina Aerotow is in the books. And what an awesome event it was. Although with 16 pilots it's been a smaller crowed everyone had a great time. Special shout out goes to Marc who braved the grueling temps and made sure everybody got a tow whenever he needed one. all sizes of gliders were present. From the smallest DLG to giant scale DUO Discus. Lift was strong and started already early in the day. I wish everyone a safe travel home.

Comment

I had a great time, met a lot of new people and some friends from other events. count me in for the next one. Thanks to Russ for helping with the engine tune and Michael for the LiFe ignition battery and chair!!!! Thanks to the Flying Tigers RC group for hosting, very nice facility.

Comment

Working...
                        X