Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11th Annual Cumberland, MD Spring Soar for Fun - Cancelled

11th Annual Spring Soar for Fun

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighPoint Aerial.JPG Views:	321 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	39944

Date: Wednesday, March 25 - Sunday, March 29, 2020

Location: HighPoint Aviation Airfield near Wiley Ford, West Virginia (3 miles south of Cumberland, MD along WV Route 28)

Donation: $20/day, $60 for 3 or more days

Registration: https://www.scalesoaring.com/cumberl...g-registration

Directions:

From I-68 on the cross-town bridge over Cumberland, take Industrial Blvd/Airport Exit.

As you merge onto Industrial Blvd., stay in the right lane.

Take Canal Parkway Exit and continue on the Parkway until crossing the Potomac River Bridge into West Virginia. Canal Parkway becomes West Virginia Route 28 after crossing the bridge (Entrance to Cumberland Regional Airport is located to the left after crossing the bridge).

Continue south on Route 28 for approximately 2.5 miles to Heavener Road (Route 28 Auto Sales is located at this intersection).

Travel 0.2 miles to the top of the hill on Heavener Road (paved road).

At the top of the hill, turn left onto the unpaved road (Commercial road sign says Thicket Road, but there is a wooden sign on tree that says Ridge Road).

Continue 0.3 miles on this road, until you cross under the power lines.

Turn left onto Sunny Side Drive.

Travel 0.1 miles on Sunnyside Drive to the divide and stay to the right at the divide.

Continue on this road 1.2 miles to the airfield on top of the mountain (there is a hairpin turn about half way up).

Last edited by Steve P; 03-17-2020, 05:45 PM. Reason: Added cancelled to subject line
    A Site for Soar Eyes

if the weather is good les and i will attend.....fingers crossed

Comment

Fairfield Inn Special Room Rates!

If you are in need of a Hotel Room for this event, Janet with the help of Jennifer at the Fairfield Inn Cumberland has organized a block of rooms at a discounted price.
      You can make your reservation by calling the Fairfield Inn Cumberland 301 722 0340

And now that is taken care of...........................................

The Model Box Shameless Commercial #1

So with all the money you will save on your lodgings, you can spend it by placing an order for any of your needs with THE MODEL BOX 205 978 8787

Remember we deliver all the way to Highpoint Aviation for free and no TAX!! So start making your list.......please
      We will do our best to fulfill your request's!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Gentlemen, I use that term loosely
        If you are intending to book a room at the Fairfield Inn, you must do so by no later than Wednesday March 4th!!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Less than 3 weeks until the start of the 11th Annual Cumberland Spring Soar for Fun

Currently, those registered are:

George B
          Carl D
          Jim D
          Peter G
          Dave H
          Darrel I
          Jeff J
          Kevin K
          Steve K
          Rick K
          Carl L
          Ali M
          Blake M
          Tom P
          Steve P
          Conio S
          Rick S
          Don S
          Gretta T
          Bob T
          Last edited by JimD; 03-06-2020, 07:54 AM. Reason: Updated List
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The Model Box Shameless Commercial #2

Well, just 2 weeks left, if you have any needs from The Model Box please let me know as soon as possible.
            We just got an order of (finaly) Spektrum Power Safe Receivers!
            Thank you, to the guy's who have already placed an order with us, rest assured it will be delivered!

Remember we deliver all the way to Highpoint Aviation for free and no TAX!!

The Model Box 205 978 8787

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Less than 2 weeks until the start of the 11th Annual Cumberland Spring Soar for Fun
              Currently, those registered are:
              Len B
              George B
              Carl D
              Jim D
              Peter G
              Dave H
              Jeremy H
              Darrel I
              Dustin I
              Jeff J
              Kevin K
              Steve K
              Rick K
              Carl L
              Ali M
              Howdy M
              Blake M
              Tom P
              Steve P
              Conio S
              David S
              Don S
              Gretta T
              Bob T
              Last edited by JimD; 03-13-2020, 10:17 AM. Reason: Updated List
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

joe and les are going to a swap meet on the 25th in lancaster ohio since the current one planned for this sat was cancelled. i fear many may cancel.. hope this virus lears up fast. i like to visit with flyers more than fly sometimes.. you will see us for many days in july. plannning on being there early then. lots to fly this year and your site is my favorite of all. thanks very much for allowing us to join in.

Comment

Hi guys,

Even though I registered a while ago, I doubt I will be attending due to potential boarder problems. I would hate to be camped out on someones couch indefinitely.....
                  Bummer because I have my Bidule all ready for it's maiden.....
                  Fired her up for the first time last week.

Blake

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_160331.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	40308

Comment

Considering the uncertainty of the world's situation regarding this viral disease outbreak, I have decided to cancel the Spring Soar for Fun Event. This crisis will pass, we will get it behind us...meantime, we all need to stay home, stay healthy, and stay safe. Look at this as a chance to build something new!
                    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Bummer, but I'm sure we all understand. Looking forward to kicking off the season.
                      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

This is a true crisis in the world, as much as I want to go play with our airplanes Its far more important to stay safe and avoid any large gatherings. I agree with you Jim.
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yes, agree it is good we do our part in the ongoing attempt to minimize the spread of this virus.

Comment

• JoeN
                            JoeN commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agree, pestilence is not to be shared. 😷

I was thinking this was on your mind Jim. Disappointed but agree we will all be better off starting the season a month late than having all our friends at risk.

Comment

Don’t forget to cancel your hotel reservation. It seems I was the first to tell Fairfield Inn the event was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                            X