Apache Pass Aerotow 2020 - EVENT POSTPONED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Pass Aerotow 2020 - EVENT POSTPONED

Due to the events around COVID19 we have decided it is best to postpone this event indefinitely.

We had such a great time and event last year so plan to join us at the Second Annual Apache Pass Aerotow. The event will be held again at the Apache Pass Event Center located just northeast of Austin, TX on April 16-19, 2020 outside of Rockdale, TX. The facility is an incredible destination flying site with many amenities. We will have tow planes capable of towing virtually any model glider you may bring.
    • A 1400’ grass runway will be used for the event
    • Event fee $50 for the entire event or single days $25 per day
    • Lunch will be available daily on the field ($ TBD)
    • Four national chain motels and an equivalent locally owned motel are approximately ten miles from the flying facility in Rockdale, TX
    • An RV park is just off the end of the runway with full hook ups available (contact Apache Pass Event Center for information, see below for their website)
    • Also, located at the event center is an outstanding steakhouse and icehouse
    • Saturday evening banquet ($ TBD)
    • Also, Austin with great shopping and history is just about an hour away

For more information on the Apache Pass Event Center and its amenities please see the website below:

http://www.apachepass.com/airpark.html

Get your reservations in early and plan to join us. April is the best time of the year to fly in Texas and the lift was epic last year.
    Last edited by Mark9; 03-17-2020, 02:20 PM.
    Mark

REGISTRATION: https://www.scalesoaring.com/apache-...vZM7zPD21Gik2E

Also, please help Mark spread the news. Here's a jpeg image you can share...

.. Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	39679
    Last edited by Steve P; 01-22-2020, 02:45 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Mark9
      Mark9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Steve.

The HOME PAGE (www.scalesoaring.com) and EVENTS CALENDAR on the website have been updated and this event added:

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Mark9
      Mark9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jim.

Ok, I'm all signed up. I didn't see an option to prepay so I'm assuming that we are going to do like last year and pay at the field. See y'all in April.

Walt Click image for larger version

Name:	2FF19E6C-67AD-46CF-B69D-5B8BA09F6F19.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	39699

Comment

• Mark9
      Mark9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, pay when you sign up. Makes it much easier for all. See you then.

See ya there Walt !

Comment

Signed up! I don't know if I'm going to be there every day, but Sat and Sun for sure, maybe all four if it's in the budget.

Comment

Recently moved to Texas and am looking forward to meeting some fellow aerotow pilots!

Mike

Comment

• Mark9
          Mark9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to meeting you Mike. Please be sure to register. You don't need to pay in advance, we just would like to know how many to expect for planning purposes.

Mark

About Apache Pass Aerotow 2020 Postponed

Steve, due to the events involving CVID19 we have decided to postpone indefinitely this event.

Mark
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
        X