No announcement yet.

CANCELLED. Scale Soaring International Aerotow - Muncie, Indiana - June 10-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANCELLED. Scale Soaring International Aerotow - Muncie, Indiana - June 10-14

This flagship event which started out more than a decade ago as the "JR Aertotow", eventually becoming the "Horizon Hobby Aerotow", has begun another new chapter.The June 2019 gathering at the AMA HQ International Aeromodeling Center (IAC) in Muncie Indiana marked the beginning of the SCALE SOARING INTERNATIONAL AEROTOW.

Our goal is to attract a larger international attendance as well as vendor participation. This location offers a wide open flying experience as well as abundant lift in all quadrants.

Whether you're a new pilot, experienced pilot, GPS pilot or any other scale soaring pilot, there is always sky available to fly in.

A GPS course will be set up for those interested in trying out this exciting challenge along with expert instruction to help get you started.

Shine up your model and head out to the AMA's International Aeromodeling Center, June 10-14, 2020

Pre-register here, https://www.scalesoaring.com/horizon-hobby-registration

Lets take the event to the next level and you can be part of it.

Check back often for updates

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0015.JPG Views:	201 Size:	175.9 KB ID:	38764 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0022.JPG Views:	193 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	38765 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0018.JPG Views:	179 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	38766 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0024.JPG Views:	173 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	38767 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0016.JPG Views:	174 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	38768 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.JPG Views:	174 Size:	257.2 KB ID:	38769 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0020.JPG Views:	179 Size:	237.5 KB ID:	38770 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0023.JPG Views:	176 Size:	206.0 KB ID:	38771 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0017.JPG Views:	173 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	38772 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0025.JPG Views:	175 Size:	252.9 KB ID:	38773 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0019.JPG Views:	177 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	38774

Click image for larger version  Name:	ESJBhtGRT1im7crYGDCqUA.jpg Views:	177 Size:	285.6 KB ID:	38775 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1888.JPG Views:	175 Size:	133.0 KB ID:	38776

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0028.JPG Views:	173 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	38777
    Last edited by Steve P; 12-15-2019, 04:23 AM.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

I'm in! Registered and paid. Hoping for better weather in 2020.
    Bruce DeVisser

Comment

awesome Bruce..Looking forward to hanging out with you again.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Hoping to make it out there this year, looks like an amazing event!
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Hi all. Is there camping onsite at this event? Or just the standard camping spots on the ama grounds? I’d like to bring my Travel Trailer.

I hope to get some experience with being towed before this event. I have years of experience flying RC, but new to towing and bigger gliders.

Thanks,
          Marshal

Comment

Hi Guys, Who knows, perhaps I might make the long trek to the event this year. I hope - I hope! At which site at the AMA HQ is it held?

Comment

This overlaps the Camp AMA event June 7-13 ... not sure what (if any) effect this may have to lodging and the like ...

Comment

It was the same last year and did not have any effect as far as we could tell. They're moving the field location of the AMA camp this year so there is no airspace conflicts with the sailplanes. AMA has gone out of their way to accommodate our group. We're very lucky to have them on our side.

LEN
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Registrations are starting to arrive! Register now and get on the list https://www.scalesoaring.com/horizon-hobby-registration

Len B
                  Bruce D
                  Kevin K
                  Ed Whyte
                  Tom K
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

CANCELLED: Scale Soaring International Aerotow – AMA HQ, Muncie, IN, June 10-14

We have spent the last several weeks checking in with folks to gauge the viability of holding the planned event in mid-June. While there are those willing to make the trip, overall it became clear the timing as well as the conditions and current uncertainty across our nation show it does not make sense to go forward as planned.

Hopefully very soon local flying fields will be fully active and other 2020 summer and fall aerotow events around the country will indeed be held.
                    You have our commitment to come back bigger and better in 2021 and we look forward to again having the support of AMA and the National Aeromodelling Center to provide a great location to fly. We certainly hope too by then, travel, hotels, restaurants and financial pressures being felt by many will be alleviated and we can all get back to the hobby we love.

All the best,
                    Len, Jim, Pete, Stephan and Steve.
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Len,

I want to say thank you for the tremendous amount of work you put into this upcoming event. I think everyone understands why you and other Horizon Team members decided to cancel this years event. As one of this hobbies biggest ambassadors, it was not an easy decision I'm sure.

Hang in there everyone and keep positive. We will soon be grading each other's landings and watching gliders spec out.

Tim

Comment

• ARUP
                        ARUP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed. Thanks very much!

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the nice words. We're all very disappointed we wont be having the event this year. This virus situation is no joke, lets all do what we need to do and get to the other side of it.

Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Guys,

I'm really bummed this event has to be cancelled, but I understand, the key at-risk demographic is US!

On the bright side, maybe I can sneak out for one of the Fall events on the East Coast since Summer is shot.

Blue skies, everyone!

tom

Comment

Working...
                        X