PowerBox Champion SRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerBox Champion SRS

Need some advice. I have a recent sailplane with 20 standard voltage (6.0v) servos. I use a DX-18 radio.

I would like variometer and altitude telemetry but it doesn't look like Spektrum and PowerBox will work together just yet.

Would the Royal with IGYRO give velocity telemetry? The PowerBox PBS-P16 pressure sensor looks like a great unit but again doesn't appear to be compatible with Spektrum.

I do have an old TM1000 laying around but couldn't get it to work properly with my Spektrum PowerSafe receivers whereas the Spektrum AS3000 worked fine.

Also, do the standard Spektrum satellites work with any PowerBox or do you have to ask for this feature specifically?

BB

Finally found where to download the manuals for the PowerBox systems.

Answered a couple questions I had. But, I still don't understand why PowerBox is making Spektrum specific PowerBox models. And, I don't fully understand what the PowerBus outputs are for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB_ChampionLayout.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	40169

Comment

PowerBux outputs are for a PowerBus system. That is a buss system for wiring servos in a different way.

There are not Spektrum specific models. Various receiver systems connect in different ways.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
        PowerBux outputs are for a PowerBus system. That is a buss system for wiring servos in a different way.

There are not Spektrum specific models. Various receiver systems connect in different ways.
        So is this a third party after model?

Comment

In the PowerBox home page you can download manuals for two different PowerBox systems that state they are Spektrum. The Royal Spektrum and Evolution Spektrum.

Comment

• Steve P
            Steve P commented
            Editing a comment
            Good morning. Your thread title and the photo above are of a Champion. Hence my reply. The Champion is not radio brand specific.

Stick to the PowerBox site -- you sill see none of those are for sale. Versions made with various systems are no longer offerings, but may still be out on the market. Manuals for prior versions, of course, must remain available as those are still out there in service. The link you point to is an old integrated 12 channel DSM2 unit. DSM2 has been gone for a long time.

I provided links to PowerBus wiring system in the other thread where your comments reside.

PowerBox PBS-P16 pressure sensor is to measure pressure in an air retract system. Regardless, it does not communicate telemetry to Spektrum.
            Last edited by Steve P; 03-07-2020, 01:34 PM.

• BryanB
            BryanB commented
            Editing a comment
            OK. Thanks Steve. Still learning what's what with these PowerBox systems and how I can use my existing Radio gear with them.
        Working...
        X