Wanted DX18 gen2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted DX18 gen2

I need a backup transmitter and this would be the simplest solution. One of you guys getting an ix20 has to have one to get ride of.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ektrum-DX-18G2

just listed....hope this finds you in time i love my dx18.. i now have the ix20 but only flying one small glider on it until the bugs get fixed better..

Comment

here is another one if you missed it
      For Sale Dx 18 Gen 2 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W)

Comment

Thanks. Missed the first one while I pondered the price. There is a second that includes rcv and some other stuff I do not need. Too difficult for a backup. I’ll keep looking.

Comment

they are limited supply as the ix20 release is going slow and has many updates for bugs to work through still a great tx. but the dx18 owners like myself are not wanting to part with them and when they do they dont last long for sale.. good luck in your search but 600-700 is the going price some include shipping at that and it is not cheap to pack well and ship

Comment

Been flying my IX 20 for MONTHS with NOT A SINGLE ISSUE, love it.
            Will be moving all my sailplanes over as soon as I can get a locking retract switch installed on it.

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
              Been flying my IX 20 for MONTHS with NOT A SINGLE ISSUE, love it.
              Will be moving all my sailplanes over as soon as I can get a locking retract switch installed on it.
              Mine has been great also.....sure there where some issues with updates on minor things but mine has been rock solid.....
              Question....what do you mean by a “locking retract switch” and why would you need one?
              TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Hi Tom.

Years ago I became tired of replacing gear door hinges and doing damage to the retract servo because of my inability to not accidentally flip the retract switch while the plane is sitting on the ground waiting for my turn to fly. I have always used the rear right toggle lever for retract. If thats not enough, when I go out to the tow line, I put the transmitter on the ground, typically flipping the switch as I put it down and boom. the gear goes up and strips the servo. ( remember, Im flying 50lb planes at times)

I obtained a switch from Gunny that has a locking mechinism on it that needs to be slightly lifted to be able to change positions. I learned how to quickly flip it with one finger and its been flawless ever since.
                About two months ago I found a guy on groups selling these switches and bought a few but have not had the opportunity to have it installed on the 20. ( Im way to afraid to open it, so it has to go back and have the pro's do it.)

Len
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Steve P
                  Steve P commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I resemble that remark. Nice fix. I switched everything over to the 3 position switch directly above the elevator stick. Easy to flip with my thumb and zero issues with sitting down or picking up the transmitter.

Originally posted by lenb View Post
                Hi Tom.

Years ago I became tired of replacing gear door hinges and doing damage to the retract servo because of my inability to not accidentally flip the retract switch while the plane is sitting on the ground waiting for my turn to fly. I have always used the rear right toggle lever for retract. If thats not enough, when I go out to the tow line, I put the transmitter on the ground, typically flipping the switch as I put it down and boom. the gear goes up and strips the servo. ( remember, Im flying 50lb planes at times)

I obtained a switch from Gunny that has a locking mechinism on it that needs to be slightly lifted to be able to change positions. I learned how to quickly flip it with one finger and its been flawless ever since.
                About two months ago I found a guy on groups selling these switches and bought a few but have not had the opportunity to have it installed on the 20. ( Im way to afraid to open it, so it has to go back and have the pro's do it.)

Len
                Ah....that makes sense! What I do....is reverse the action of the switch....towards you is gear down....away is gear up! Kinda like the “debate” of the spoiler stick! Away is spoilers up or down! 😬
                TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Len, can you share a link to that switch? I love that idea as I too have a tendency to hit that switch while the glider is grounded. Get$ expen$ive.

Comment

Here you go Tim
                    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...pektrum-Jumper

Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                    X