Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    That was fun to watch and I really had a good laugh when Otto's hat fell off! It would be extremely entertaining if Otto's feet were connected to rudder pedals so we could see him 'dancing'!

• Dave Smith
    replied
    Whoa! You weren't kidding when you told me it was pretty squirrely! Hopefully Otto had a change of clothes after those flights :-) Looks like flight three it was settling down. We'll get it fine tuned at Yakima.

Dave Smith

Leave a comment:

• Gene C
    replied
    Maiden and trim flights were completed at the Visalia Spring Aerotow this past weekend. The good news is my heart meds still work and thanks to help an attention of other pilots attending the Ka-3 came home in one piece.
    Flight videos

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Good thing for the hat or poor Otto would be getting the chrome burned off his dome! Nice job!

• Gene C
    replied
    The finishing touch to Otto's wardrobe is now complete. He is now ready for some fun in the sun soaring.

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    +1 I sure would like to see this up close and personal, like!

• BryanB
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice. Love it!

• LRFitch
    replied
    Gene, as usual---very beautiful job!!

Larry Fitch

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Bravo Gene, well done.

Leave a comment:

• gunny11
    replied
    Wow Gene! I've been following since the beginning. Outstanding work, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Gibson
    replied
    Gene,
    Absolutely gorgeous!! I've been following your build for the last 1+ years and have found it educational and .....humbling(compared to my builds). Looking forward to seeing it in the air this summer.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Dave Smith
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing this beauty at Yakima in a few weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Gene C
    replied
    All builds must come an end the 40% Ka-3 is no exception. With final assembly and CG balance completed it only lacks the maiden flight.
    Span 13ft
    Wing area 2362.5 sq in.
    Weight 23lbs
    Wing loading 22.4 oz per sq ft
    Wing cubic load 5.5 What I could find on this number puts it in the trainer/park flyer flight realm.

Thanks to all those that have followed. Hopefully a little knowledge was passed along in the process.

Leave a comment:

• Gene C
    replied
    The right wing is now painted and in the shop for a 48hr cure. The left wing joined it a few hours later. This waiting tries the patience, but come Monday afternoon the ailerons, aileron servos and spoilers can be installed. A C/G check will then be done to adjust any nose weight before the skid skirt is attached.

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Looks pretty good from over here!
Working...
X