2021 East coast GPS CUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 East coast GPS CUP

For every aerotow we will have, I will setup a GPS CUP and send the interested parties the Task file.

A cup is an easy going competition where there is a ranking over the best 6 flights during the event, you take off when you want and get you flights at your pace

We will be using the Triangle league platform for scoring so, please register as a pilot on the platform :

Online Wettbewerb für Modellsegelflug Piloten welche GPS Triangle Aufgaben fliegen.

If you are interested email me back so I can create a mailing list for interested parties

Stéphane
    Last edited by French1; 06-16-2021, 06:52 PM. Reason: changed platform from F3XVault to Triangle league, better match for Cup format
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

I'm in! Looking forward to this!
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• French1
      French1 commented
      Editing a comment
      changed the website, register on triangle league

I'm in too, thanks Stephane!

Matt

Comment

Here is where is the Winamac Cup entry, you should be able to find the task file there too, if not let me know and I will email it to you

Are you coming Matt?

Stéphane
      Stéphane

Comment

I wish I could make it !! Hopefully next year, but I will try to download this file anyhow. I will be at Cumberland though and look forward to it there again.

Also I just purchased the snipe and raven...to down load onto this gear, do I need to also use PC computer instead of a Mac Apple, like I had to with the T3000 upgrades?

Still learning as I go with all this tech stuff...have not read the manuals yet either of course..lol

thanks
        Matt
        Last edited by hello82; 06-18-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• mlachow
          mlachow commented
          Editing a comment
          You should be able to read the .rct files with any text editor. It is pretty easy to figure out what the numbers mean and edit your own task file in the app. The first four numbers are Lat, Lon, and Elevation, and Task angle.

• hello82
          hello82 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks a mill, will check all out on site when at Cumberland. Totally In the weeds right up till till then. Hope to see you there, thanks Matt

here is the link for the challenge cup for Cumberland this summer

please register on the website and download the task from the information tab on the even section.

if you have issues with registering and getting the task I will help you onsite, will be there Thursday -sunday, if you want to get ready soonner because you arrive earlier, get back in tuch with me by PM

Stéphane
        Stéphane

Comment

We had some good time and flight in Cumberland last week.

From one registered pilot with a max of 2 laps in Winamac, we moved to 4 registered pilots in Cumberland here are the stats of the flights :

21 Flights
          127 Triangles
          307 km flown

Results are here

Next event will be windy ridge, here is the link to the challenge cup where you can find the task file :

if you have difficulties retrieving the task file let me know

Stéphane

Stéphane

Comment

Hey hey Stephane...great flying with you on GPS course again. Thanks a mill for all your help with getting the new systems all up and running. Hey my Diana 2 just arrived today, with motor up front also. Would you mind PMing me a few quick photos of cockpit where you put your 3 batteries to make it all balance well? I forgot to ask you there and take photos.

thanks
            Matt

Comment

Here is the CUP for Sky high aerotow, you can recover the task file from the link below

Stéphane

Comment

• mlachow
                mlachow commented
                Editing a comment
                I think going to maybe 332 on the course direction and then moving the center point of the course out to the edge of the nice field or a little more like 41.1506, -76.6788 would be a little more comfortable with the tree line. The original angle was to kind of avoid the one house but you will usually cross over that above 150M if not 200M. And guys were often over the house anyway. Especially if they have constraints on how vertical they can look up. By moving out a little SW, hopefully they can see the model by flying it out the west side of the runway instead of he east side. The treeline is still some concern once you get below 100M but right now you have to walk all the way to the treeline to have one mistakes worth of view at that turn..

• French1
                French1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I will make the changes to the course for next year,thanks Mike for the feed back

• mlachow
                mlachow commented
                Editing a comment
                My flights were on both my Foka 4 and my Orlik. Yes I did get 5 laps out of the Orlik which actually can get 3 laps from launch in neutral air.

And here is the cup for the mikey Sullivan Aerotow in Kansas

Stéphane

Comment

• mlachow
                mlachow commented
                Editing a comment
                No pilots attempting the course in Kansas?

Apparently you need to be able to fly straight to get around the course. Thanks to Mike for giving my some advice on screen setup and getting the Antares to track. As he said, lots of ones, but lots of fun.

Will someone do a course for the Binghamton event?

Comment

• mlachow
                mlachow commented
                Editing a comment
                You need a fully reclining seat and a copilot to operate it so you can fly closer to the course line near the start/finish.
                The other thing to remember is a lot of times you are flying crosswind. So the model is going to drift..

• French1
                French1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am on it Conio

Chenango Cup has been created!

Stéphane

Comment

• French1
                French1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Event task has been updated to respect zoning

• Steve P
                Steve P commented
                Editing a comment
                MIke L posted this in the event thread as well... The course has been adjusted to use the Sport Class task. That way the course and some space for turns all fit within the field boundaries So the triangle distance is 350M instead of 500M and the entry altitude limit is 400M. The task on the web site has been updated.

• mlachow
                mlachow commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably should have changed it to sportclass. I uploaded some flights but I can't see the numbers on the site.

GPS CUP for Cumberland created

Stéphane

Comment

thanks much Stephane...If I still have summer course installed is that the same , or for this to work do we all need to reboot?

see you all soon, looking forward to it again
                Matt

Comment

• French1
                  French1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats the same file CumberlandS, so it will work

Big lift at Cumberland. I had one circle where it reported 3.8 m/s, about 750 fpm.

Comment

Working...
                X