Breguet 906 Choucas owner search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breguet 906 Choucas owner search

Frank Oeste, a friend of mine from Germany, sold his Breguet 906 Choucas to someone in the US back in 2000. Frank is trying to find who he sold it to, but can't remember who it was. The model flew at one of the Elmira Aerotows which may be where Frank sold it. Does anyone know of the whereabouts of the model and who the owner was?
    Thanks!
    Pete
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12884389_1124717710906580_1769489223_n.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	8729

I wish I was that guy!
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve, you wouldn't want to be that guy. Why? Because Rick Briggs bought the model and flew it some, but about 8 years ago the complete tail just forward of the V Tail simply departed, there was no hard landings and no in flight gymnastics, about 1 inch forward of where the vees attached is where it detached. A real shame as it was a one of a kind model. Rick still has the Vees but nothing else.

Comment

Another example of... Be careful what you ask for. A truly beautiful model with what sounds like a tragic flaw.
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks for the update Dennis! I'll let Frank know who bought it!
          Pete

Comment

Inspecting the wreckage I didn't see much more than a simple balsa structure with some light glass on top, if there was some hardwood it wasn't very obvious. This reminds me of the Baudis Salto, the v tail attachment has been known to be suspect. Some carbon reinforcement does the trick. Rick bought it directly from Frank but it has been 16 years.

Comment

Working...
            X