Soaring with Dan Troxell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soaring with Dan Troxell

One of my favorite business trips included a bit of hooky, driving down from LA, meeting Dan at his home in Oceanside and the two of us going off to Torrey Pines for a afternoon of slope soaring and then out to dinner. Through the years a few of Dan's planes have also passed through my hands.

What many folks don't know is that while they see Dan's name around our hobby, he is an absolute piano virtuoso with dozens of CDs on the market.

Sirius XM recently posted a video of Dan as a featured artist on their Escape channel. Fun to give it a look...

https://vimeo.com/127978915

And, he's a heckuva RC sailplane pilot.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

And, some late-breaking news. Dan has a few models for sale. PM me if you're interested...

1/3 Grunau Baby 11b

1/3 scale Reiher, some nice scale detail 6.3M
    1/3 scale DG 1000 with fixed wheel 6.6 M. LET interior.
    1/4 scale Schweizer 2-33 from Aviation concepts
    1/3 Bergfalke, translucent blue and yellow fabric, lovely appearance.
    1/2 scale Hemple Ka6 the blue and yellow Swiss scheme, fabric on wings.
    8M DG 800 (Paritech fuse, Muller wings)
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I bought my first scale glider from Dan right out of his garage in Oceanside. A 4 meter EMS Ventus that he said was "too small" so he hadn't started the build. It's been owned by Kevin K for several years now and he's painted the entire glider pink......go figure.

Tim M.

Comment

hmmmmmm Pink?
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2167.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	8390 Oh yeah, thats right
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Dan has some amazing sailplanes. I've bugged him about a few of them over the years. If I won the lottery I would buy his DG 1000 and store it near Torrey Pines. I've had the pleasure of flying a sunset session there one evening two years ago. It was amazing but I was flying a UMX Radian with a bunch of paragliders. It did quite well but was not quite the experience I was looking for...

Comment

I have flown R/C at Torrey and twice I've been lucky enough to have flown full size there as well. I don't know which was more challenging. It's a busy place to fly!

Comment

Working...
              X