Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed.... information sought

I'm putting together a new article and need everyone's help:

Please post a couple of you're favorite excuses.

For example,

Excuses for bad landings.

Frost heave in the field.
    Sunscreen in the eyes
    shock absorber needs replacing

The funnier the better.

Lets see you guys put in writing the ones I hear on the flight line!! There are no limits

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

I listened to Jeremy's advice

Comment

I have 3 categories for landings. 1) If you can fly the airplane again, it is a GOOD landing. 2) If you can fly the airplane again and it is on the field, it is a GREAT Landing. 3) If you can fly the airplane again, it is on the field and down the centerline of the runway, it is an UNUSUAL landing.

But I think you are looking for the ones that typically quantify the exceptionally high level of gravitational field located at the ends of every model airplane runway. Steve has the good ones...

Comment

Take that, dirt!!

Comment

They don't have to be about landing either, however thats where we need most of the excuses
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Blame everything on 2.4.......

Comment

Like, when the tow pilot asks if your sure you are not just hitting the retract switch for the tow release when the sailplane doesn't come off tow? I don't know why the wheel is going up and down, but I can't get off tow...

There are landings and then there are arrivals....

The problem is in the connection from the transmitter to ground.

Oh, the other left..

Comment

After hearing a crunch from a plane hitting the corn at the end of the field the pilot remarked that the windsock was pointing the wrong direction.

Comment

I always blame the wind, even if there isn't any. I also like "A bug flew in my eye".

Comment

Hi Len

....who moved the friggin Vortex over there !

er,....I think I just entered the abyss of the sun.....

Looking forward to saying these once again very soon this spring!

Matt

Comment

My flying ain't bad it's just the Vampyr likes hanging in trees... naturally!

Comment

After watching the pilot skillfully land the plane straight into the ground, the words echoing down the field were "It was a receiver brown-out "
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

After I landed an 8m Duo Discus in the top of an 80ft tree, I still claim it was the prescription in my Sunglasses being out of date. I'm sticking to it!!!

One of the roughest landings I witnessed at an event this summer was followed by " I was trying to hurry down, I heard them call lunch"

Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Take off's are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Comment

Dang those runway Dust Devils! Now I gotta go across the next valley and get my sailplane. (That's after release at full height, the flight lasting every bit of 2 minutes and 22 seconds).

Comment

Working...
                              X