Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Charlesworth

Hi Guys.

I received word recently that long time scale sailplane designer, builder and flyer Cliff Charlesworth suffered a heart attack over New Years and luckily is now on the mend. Word is he'll be released from the hospital today, under the watchful eye of a good friend, and will be recovering at his home in Frome Summersett England.

Lets all give a kind thought for our pal across the pond and wish him a speedy recovery.

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Best wishes and encouragement for one of the giants of our hobby. Len, thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Yes, best wishes to Cliff. I hope you are on the mend.

Comment

Get well soon Cliff!

We want to see great new designs from you as well as your great videos!!

Pete

Comment

All the best Cliff!
          PS. Isn't Frome Jenson Button's home town?

Jeremy and Ben
          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Sad news this past week, I was sent this e-mail last Thursday from Marc in Vermont and he asked we post it on this forum.

Cliff Charlesworth

Post by Cliff Evans »
            It is with the deepest sadness and heaviest of hearts that I have to report the passing of Mr. Cliff Charlesworth. Cliff passed quietly at 1:45 this afternoon. This for all of us is the end of an era. I have known Cliff since the age of 9 years old and I am proud to have had him call me a friend. He was a humble man and very modest, but did not take fools lightly and had a real stubborn streak that he did not mind showing off from time to time. As most of you know, he lost his wife and best friend recently; in fact, the funeral was last Monday. He was totally dedicated to Heather, and in her latter years, visited her every day in her nursing home. He was heartbroken to the point that once she had gone, to him there was no reason for him to stay. I with my wife went to see him last night and stayed by his side until about midnight when we said our goodbyes.

I have spoken to his son Stewart who, for the time being would like this news to be kept to the Forum. I will of course, let you all know about arrangements as I am sure that a lot of you may wish to attend, and his son has indicated that when it happens, he wants the day to be a celebration of his Dad's life and his modelling friends will be very welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	9661
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Another legend takes wing. Prayers and best thoughts for his family.

Comment

Working...
              X