Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATC and tower audio from the Southwest engine blowout and landing. One cool heroic cookie.

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

[QUOTE=Al_M;n25463]Thanks to Pete G and yourself, 3.5 ounces of lead in the nose corrected the condition. For the life of me, I will never understand why Horizon never published a correction to the cg location in the manual.[/QUOTE]

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	25479
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

The Ford Willow Run Plant, built just prior to Pearl Harbor, produced one 4-engined B-24 every 55 minutes. I had the privilege of working there as an automotive engineer when the plant was the flagship plant for Hydramatic Division of General Motors. It was a mile long; standing at the front of the manufacturing area and looking down one of the main aisles, one could not see the far end of the building; the aisle just converged to a point. The plant was sloped downward 4 feet from end to end to facilitate the conveyors that had to move the massive load of bombers as they progressed through the plant. Near the far end of the plant were the two large stainless steel turntables that rotated the bombers 90 degrees to the right to the final assembly and checkout area, before leaving the plant through two massive bifold doors. Both the turntables and the doors were still there when I worked at the plant. So here is the Willow Run Story. I am very proud to have played a tiny part in the plant's storied history. Sadly, the plant was demolished five years ago, in spite of it having been on the National Register of Historic Places.

- Al

Comment

The video below was taken at the 1939 Cleveland Junior Air Races. It consisted of mostly rubber and gas powered free flight models, but there is one rc model shown as well. Note the guy with the headphones below, signalling to the pilot that he was hearing a signal from the transmitter during a range check.

Twenty years later, in 1959, I flew my scratch-built PBY Catalina in the same event, which had become a control-line only event. After crashing at the 1959 event, I rebuilt and repainted it for the 1960 event.

Comment

The photo on the left was taken at the 1959 Junior Air Races. It was tail heavy and crashed, breaking the tail section off. The photo on the right was taken a year later, at the 1960 Junior Air Races.

Comment

Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	25679
                Thanks for postin Len, did you see the saw horses in the hanger! What a great idea for an over crowded storage hanger.
                Last edited by gunny11; 04-28-2018, 03:33 AM.
                Gunny
                Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Yeah Gunny, that really is a simple and easy solution to the overcrowding issue..
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Here's a video I made a while ago for all my golf playing friends to show them what I did on Sundays. HPH 304-17 based at Warner Springs, CA. Cumulus Soaring and SSA sold a ton of these DVDs.

Comment

Nicely done Bill.

Thank you for posting it.
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Nicely done.
                        Gunny
                        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here is a video worth watching from the 80's, Steve Pasierb will especially enjoy from Minute 22

Jeremy
                            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Thanks, Jeremy. I enjoyed the high-speed passes, especially the Salto.

Comment

Now that is a Brushless Motor! and i like the white tires

Jeremy
                                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                                X