Clear All

• Harris Hill 1930 event

Guys,

Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oZ_MO8g7jo

Steve

Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

My favorite quote "These gliders make no noise because they have no motor. I think every pilot should have one so he could come home at night without his wife knowing...." Just like my Prius that has the electric only mode range limited to 1/2 a mile. Is the rumor about the Vintage Sailplane Association holding a meet in Elmira this year true? Will the models be allowed?

Comment

The International Vintage Sailplane Meeting (IVSM) comes around every four years. The last time I worked with the Museum to host an aerotow. I served as CD and we pulled an AMA sanction to be totally buttoned down from a liability standpoint. We flew 8-10 AM and 5:00 to dark each day. I recall it was Thursday - Saturday?? One day the club decided to check a new pilot and they kept the field over an additional hour in the PM. We did have great fun, but the flying windows are relatively small given how spoiled we've become at the regular events.

The evening we flew from the end of the the runway out into the valley was absolutely spectacular and gave us lasting memories. It is wonderful to tour the pits, talk to owners and watch the towing action during the day. Well worth a visit even if we do not fly RC.

http://www.soaringmuseum.org/events/...ring-meet-2016

Our primary contact, Ron Ogden, has retired. Ron really had to advocate to let us fly and was a great partner to me. It's uncertain if we push to do it again and how we coordinate? i will likely be traveling on work during the event. The 2016 dates are right before the Cumberland Summer Soar.

Event in Elmira, NY by ScaleSoaring.com - RC Scale Soaring Worldwide on Saturday, July 9 20165 posts in the discussion.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
      X