RIP Uncle Yogi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Uncle Yogi

I changed my avatar to that of my Uncle...he will be missed!

Yogi Berra, considered one of the best catchers in major league history, died of natural causes at the age of 90 Tuesday. The Yankees legend and Hall of Famer may...

Pete, I saw that today and thought about you. Condolences to you can your family..
    A great man, on and off the field.

len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yes, he was an Icon of Americana. Thinking of you and your family.

Comment

Thought of you first thing this morning when I saw the news on TV.
        Prayers for you and your family.

Jeremy, Janet, Anna and Benjamin

Comment

wow!... Yogi was your uncle? He was the greatest! I loved his whimsy! My fave is ' when you come to a fork in the road... take it!'
          My deepest sympathy to the family.

Comment

The final fork in the road for a great man.

Condolences, Pete.
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

One of my favourites....

His wife once asked Berra where he wanted to be buried, in St. Louis, New York or Montclair.

"I don't know," he said. "Why don't you surprise me?"

Maybe Yogi will be surprised

Comment

Condolences Pete. It must have fun to have Yogi as an uncle.

Comment

My condolences.
                  Gunny
                  Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Condolences to you and your family Pete. Sorry for your loss. It must have been quite the experience having Yogi as an uncle. May the wonderful memories live on.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for all the condolences guys! It was amazing to grow up with Yogi in the family. It wasn't till I was about 7 years old, that I realized that not everyone had an Uncle who played baseball in the Major Leagues. I spent a lot of time as kid hanging out in Montclair and NYC with him as well as going to games here in St. Louis when the Yanks played the Cards in the World Series or when he was with the Mets and the Astros. I got to meet people like Billy Martin, Gil Hodges, Casey Stengel, Rodger Maris, Whitey Ford and Mickey Mantel. Event though Yogi-isms came out of his mouth daily, to para phrase him...He didn't really say all the things he said

Pete

Comment

So very sorry Pete, my sincere condolences to you and all your family and relatives.

Bob

Comment

What a unique guy, we are all better people for having had his example. Pete, you were particularly blessed...what an amazing life!
                          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                          X