Officina Battaglin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officina Battaglin

I am having an Officina Battaglin 'Arena 1981' frameset custom made for me! I can't wait to get it... serial number 2 of only 38 world wide! Giovanni Battaglin always gets serial number 1!!! #31 and #32 are still available according to Alex Battaglin at 2pm 31 May 2019. Giovanni Battaglin won the Giro d'Italia in 1981. You can read about the significance of this and '38' on their website. What a 'bella donna' of a frameset it is, too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	arena-1981-steel-frame-officina-battaglin.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	36929

This picture is from the Officina Battaglin website. I can't wait to get this beauty!

Congrats on your purchase,
    Personally, I'd prefer on with wheels, not to mention other luxuries, like handlebars and peddles. Schwin makes one for example..
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      Doh! Forgot about the 'amenities'...again! lol Thanks, Len! It does come with that magnum of wine!

That’s a handsome Huffy!
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I like the picture on their website of Giovanni on the bike! AAH, the old days, not even a leather hair net....!

BTW, I still have my Bottechia Giro D'italia with chromed lugs and Columbus tubes. It is the first quality bike I purchased while in college. One of these days I should refurbish it.
      Mark

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Bottechia had some nice rides. A buddy of mine had one 'back in the day'! I wish I could find my old leather hair net. I still have some old Vittoria wooden sole shoes somewhere!

But notice Len had no neat for seat....? Isn’t there a story about somebody who likes to ride bicycles without seats?

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        There was some dude out there who had a prostate problem(?) and rode ALL the time without a seat. He must've been one heck of a sprinter or hill climber!
        Last edited by ARUP; 06-04-2019, 01:14 AM. Reason: fix spelling errors

Congratulations to Richard Carapaz for his 2019 Giro d'Italia win!

Comment

My new rides-to-be! Beauty!

Attached Files

Comment

I am having an Officina Battaglin 'Arena 1981' frameset custom made for me! I can't wait to get it... serial number 2 of only 38 world wide!
          I am confused, there are two framesets in your pictures, which one is it?
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Jim, don't be confused! It's the pink one! I went ahead and bought the 'Marosticana' at the same time because I'm not sure if I'll ride the 'Arena Di Verona 81'. It will most likely become a collector's item! The 'pink' color is for a reason since the leader and eventual winner of the Giro d'Italia wears the pink jersey. La Gazetta della Sport printed its sports news on pink paper and was a major sponsor for the national bike race. I need to get better pictures because these are really nice works of art!

drink enough wine and not having wheels doesnt matter you will think it has them..

did you get the matching bottle of wine with it......

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm bummed that I got no wine or vouchers for such. It must be for locals only or have something to do with import duties, etc. What a pain that stuff is!!!
        Working...
        X