FAA requesting comments on UAS ANPRM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA requesting comments on UAS ANPRM

Submitted comments today on the FAA's advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPRM) for UAS operations - docket number FAA-2018-1086. AMA recently sent an e-mail about this, requesting our input. I started with their comment template and re-wrote/condensed it for brevity. While I have doubts as to whether the FAA will consider or even read public input, doing nothing is not an option for us.
    Attached Files
    Tom

I've been following the AMA's requests since this fight began, and will continue to do so, but my faith in their abilities to save our hobby in the long run is growing smaller. After the passage of the reauthorization, the AMA was told that they would have some input moving forward, but then they get blindsided by this crazy ID# rule implicated for an insane and illogical reason? Not good! But I will still send my letter.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I've done same. Everyone should -- total number of those submitting comments matters far more than the specifics of any one sentence in your comments. It's all about the count.

As for "insane and illogical reasons," that's far too often the regulatory response to the masses based upon the destructive behavior of the precious few. I'm one of those old guys who had to take the FCC test to be able to fly models and was then asked to place big white AMA labels on my planes. Zipping off a few numbers on the P-Touch and putting them on a fuselage isn't going to kill me. Or, accomplish anything. ;-)
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas ............You can't buy happiness. But, you can buy a sailplane and that's pretty darn close.

Comment

Working...
      X