No announcement yet.

FAA Makes Major Drone ID Marking Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a flier to who gets sailboat racing.....YEA Mark...thanks..
    kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kjkavaney View Post
      For what it is worth, I absolutely love RC sailboat racing and do it a ton more than flying. Don't knock it till you try it...check out American Model Yacht Association for clubs near you.
      One design racing is incredibly intense and challenging and I would be pressed to chose which I love more.....seriously...quite a bit like pylon racing or slope soaring...reading air is absolutely necessary and sail tuning is critical...try going to some national championships in a given class...it will blow your mind as to the intensity and the challenges......seriously...
      kevin
      Scale Laser Sailboat racing every Sunday for the last 9 months. Currently folks are learning so it is somewhat the equivalent of bummer cars. Almost as much fun as landing a 6 meter on the mountain in Cumberland!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kjkavaney View Post
        Finally a flier to who gets sailboat racing.....YEA Mark...thanks..
        kevin
        I haven't raced rc sailboats but I briefly had one when I was younger. It was a blast but I was using a standard servo for a sail winch and had to turn into the wind every time I wanted to trim the sail tighter. LOL

Have you seen the new full scale boats that will be the same configuratoin as the next America's Cup yachts? This is the first I've seen of any using the proposed foil/hull configuration, although I think it's smaller than the AC boats will end up being. https://www.americascup.com/en/video/76_MEET-THE-MULE

Comment

Working...
        X