Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are coming to the Smokies give me a shout

Hey All,

Some of you already know me but if not let me introduce myself.

I am a retired USAF Firefighter now working as a US Park Ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I run all the communications for all divisions in the park. We live in Sevier County just around the bend from the infamous Dollywood. You can hear their steam train whistle from our house. I have an open invitation for anyone visiting to swing by and see me here in the park. I am very proud of what I do and where I work and love to show it off. Last year we had over 11 million visitors to our great Park, the most visited park in the country.

Spring is coming and I know a lot of folks may come this way. If you do, look me up. If you bring a plane or two to fly we can do that as well. We don't have a huge landing strip but I can fly my 12ft Foxbat of our field with no problems so it is sailplane friendly!

I just live a bit north in KY and have never been to the Smokey Mountains which is terrible! I'll have to rectify that so thanks for the invite/info!

Comment

Would love to show you around. Come on down.

Comment

I remember many great days of slope soaring off of the Foothills Pkwy. Sometimes my girl friend would bring her convertible up and I would fly from the back seat. We could fly for miles down the ridge, just not too many places to land. Probably highly illegal now a days. Sure was fun back in those days! Still try and get back to the Smokies for some winter backpacking ever few years.

Comment

yeah sadly we do not allow that now. There is a spot on the Blue Ridge where it is allowed but I am not sure of the details of it or where exactly it is.

Comment

Working...
          X