Protect Section 336 - please let your voice be heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect Section 336 - please let your voice be heard

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

Some are petitioning Congress to eliminate the Special Rule for Model Aircraft – also known as Section 336. Section 336 has allowed AMA to manage our members and fly safely and responsibly, as we have for over 82 years. Without Section 336, members would be required to take an FAA in person 60 question aeronautical test, pay for an FAA remote pilot license, and face other unnecessary restrictions. Losing the Special Rule would be a devastating blow to our hobby.

This is a critical moment to let your elected representatives know the importance of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft and the role of community-based organizations such as AMA.

Our community has operated safely for decades. Model aviation has played a critical role in the innovations of new technology and encouraging young people to pursue an interest in science and technology fields. More than that, this long-standing hobby has been passed down from generation to generation and is a tradition for many American families.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Thank you Steve for keeping us updated on this.

Comment

done... Thanks for posting Steve
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

...here we go again, thanks for posting...done

Matt

Comment

Yep, saw it Saturday and sent e-mails to my reps. Reminds me of a comment about the FAA's mode of operations, "We aint' happy t'ill you ain't happy".
          Mark

Comment

Completed
            Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Laborde

Comment

There is hope!

As has famously been said: "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

1) Tax it...done! Currently $5.00 FAA registration fee (aka tax)

2) Regulate it...currently in progress!

3) Subsidize it...looking forward to my hobby subsidy payments! 😃 We live in hope!
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

It's deja vu all over again!

Comment

Sent mine after reading it in the AMA News email.

Comment

Working...
                  X