505 mph DS passes at Weldon, CA 04-12-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 505 mph DS passes at Weldon, CA 04-12-18

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Wow, never would we have thought this could be done. The wind was really howling in SoCal Thursday, knocked over a bunch of plants at my house, I was thinking the slopes were cranking.

Comment

How much stress is on that glider?!?!? Wow.

Comment

Actually, I believe the current claimed record is even higher than that. In April 2017 Spencer Linseby was claimed to hit 519 mph! You can see one of the whole threads here:

If you like you can skip to the video here:

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

BTW, the reason I said claimed is there doesn't appear to be an official body ready to validate these claims and hitting the proper conditions just right is plain (plane?) luck. Also, I read a comment that at points of the circuit loads are estimated to be in the 112 G range. Never the less, pretty awesome stuff both gliders were hauling!
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X