Pilots For Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots For Models

Here are a few different manufacturers' pilots for comparison. They are all 1:4 scale. On the left is one from Proctor Enterprises. I think it is an MGA design. He's pretty tall relative to the others and probably would be great on a basketball court! Next to that one is Ren DiLeo's offering which has been flying in the Franklin Eaglet. It is pretty nice for the money but is probably one of the least 'posable' in the group being of jointed 'soft-ish' plastic parts... all the others having wire frames. Next is the Tailored Pilots guy which is the most detailed of the lot and after that the Horizon Hobby guy. The Horizon Hobby guy is probably the best deal at a miserly $15 or so! It comes with a 'Mae West' which I removed for the photo and it is wearing the harness that came with the Tailored Pilots guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2817.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	24003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2818.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24004

Name:	IMG_2819.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	24005Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2820.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	24006

Name:	IMG_2821.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24007

The Horizon Hobby guy has the best suntan of the bunch! Feel free to extol the virtues and vices of your acquisition here if you dare!

And Adam at www.warbirdpilots.com has some civilians in various scales
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are pretty nice! The WWI version would be suitable for 'vintage' sailplanes!

• gunny11
      gunny11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Swiss 1, he does have the Gilligan hats for the 1/3 scale

• Swiss1
      Swiss1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep Gunny, he had the hat on display!

Twin Pilots in Germany is another option. Similar to Axel and Tailored in price and quality but generally a 2 week turnaround for one of the “friend” versions.
    Their specialty is modeling you through 3D scanning photos but they also offer generic or “friend” pilots. I have a 2.5 scale “Markus” and he’s quite happy sitting in his Libelle......

Last edited by Asher Carmichael; 03-05-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      These are sweet! Too bad there aren't 1:4 scale versions because I'd love to have a 'Robert Kronfeld' (historical) for the Professor.

Please post a picture of your pilot in the Libelle Asher

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

OK Click image for larger version

Name:	0534659C-CF69-4F08-B241-1696A4FFE9BE.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	24035

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Have you flown this?

• Asher Carmichael
        Asher Carmichael commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet. Waiting for the EDF to subside. (That’s emotional debt factor......)

• Swiss1
        Swiss1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely Asher, maiden at SERA!

This is what I need to find a model of my father but I cannot read German! Jeremy! Help!

Tim

Comment

• Steve P
        Steve P commented
        Editing a comment
        Top right corner of the website has a British flag — converts site to English

• Swiss1
        Swiss1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see a link Tim, just follow Steve's advice!

Ralf from Twin Pilots is a really nice guy, he visited me here in SoCal on a business trip, he and his wife make the pilots, on his website he explains the photos he needs of your head so he can make you in a mini-me.

Comment

Hi Guy's, I'm getting my first order together with Adam at Warbird Pilots.
        I have to order a minimum of 10 pilots in any scale and would appreciate anyone who is thinking about purchasing one to do it through us
        The Model Box so we can fulfill our minimum, check out his webpage http://www.warbirdpilots.com you can even order them with a moving head!

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Jeremy,

I see that they have a glider pilot that doesn't look too bad but, it says 1/3.5-1/3 scale. There is a considerable size difference in those two pilots. I didn't see an area where you can pick either of the two sizes?

Tim

Comment

Tim, that is one size 22" would work for both 1/3.5 or 1/3 depending on the stature of your pilot!
            Last edited by Swiss1; 03-11-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thank's for you pilot orders guy's, order will be placed tomorrow and deliveries made on the mountain in Cumberland

Jeremy
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Pilots arrived yesterday, some will be dropped off in Chattanooga on the way to Cumberland, the rest will be coming up the mountain including Andrea The Giant for Mr. "Jelly"

Name:	Pilots.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	24437 Jeremy
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Look at ol' Andre the Giant! Why... he can whoop all of the rest of them sissy pilots in one heap!

Comment

Hi Jeremy,
                    Looking at the Warbird Pilots website at the 1/5 to 1/6 scale pilots, I wonder if he would be willing to make one as a 1930’s civilian pilot with a white coat and white helmet and black goggles for use in the Minimoa and another 1930’s civilian version with a brown leather cost and helmet and black goggles for the Kranich.

Al

Comment

Hi Al
                      A the moment that is his complete line, he's going to try and make a civilian pilot more suited to sailplanes in the near future!

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                      X