Tailored Pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailored Pilots

We need pilots, not hedgehogs and other things, in our airplanes don't we? One option is 'Tailored Pilots' www.tailoredpilots.com I bought this 1:4 scale pilot figure from Wilson who is 'Tailored Pilots' over in 'Merry Ol' England'! He has a wire frame so is posable and weighs 212g or 7.45 oz. (wonder what his weight is in 'stones'?) When I ordered this one his Golden Age offerings weren't available(?) but Wilson got this one together as a special order for me with a serious looking facial expression which is what I wanted. The only item he didn't have for the pilot was more period correct looking trousers but I am sure they are different, now. I am not complaining and am exceedingly happy with my pilot as is! Check 'em out! They are very nice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2758.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	23853Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2802.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	23854

Name:	IMG_2803.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	23855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	23856

Name:	IMG_2805.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	23857Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2806.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	23858

Name:	IMG_2807.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	23859Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	23860

Which one doesn't belong?

LOL
    Thank you Michael.
    I could not agree more.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I have two Axels arriving here shortly (once they clear customs and the Germans mark the package in large block letters "DOLLS" so the neighbors wonder about me) but I would like to try a Tailored Pilot. Where does the wire start? In the chest area or is it strictly the legs and lower torso? I like the knit hat but it might be a little warm for those summer flights!

Just don't start putting the dolls in your planes that Kevin does.

TJM

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        The wire frame is in his torso and connects to his arms and legs. The pilot I have is bent into a 'slouched', i.e., kyphotic posture, for more realism. Then His head was turned a bit. Looks more natural! He has a knit flight to ward off the cold from those mega-lift altitude gain thermals he's gonna hook onto when he pilots that Professor!

I don't know about you guys, but NONE of my pilots are dolls........ they are all ACTION FIGURES!

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahahahaha! Then why do they just SIT there?

I'm expecting my order to be completed in about a month or so. I ordered a 1/3.5 and a 1/4 scale for my T21. The larger will be my Flt. Lt. and the smaller will be my Cadet trainee. The seat belts and flight suits in the photo are too modern for my model and Wilson is going to provide the Vintage Seat Belts instead, but unfortunately, I'll have to live with the modern flight suits.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	23917
      [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking "action figures".

My two Axels showed up yesterday clearly marked "DOLLS" in block letters (thank you German customs). Yes, the gal from the Postal Service gave me a subtle grin as she had me sign for the box covered with customs tape. What I'm finding from my last two orders from Axel is that he is not going off of what you order. Even though I love my bald "bad ass" Axel from my last order, it is not what I ordered.

I have tried twice now to order two Axels to look like me and my father, who was my full size soaring instructor, to no avail. I was hoping to put the two pilots in a 2 seat ship. This order that arrived yesterday had a blonde Axel and neither pops or I have any blonde hair and we have brown eyes (ordered that way too) and both showed up with bright blue eyes! Axels are very quality but I think it's time for me to mix up the genes a bit and get some new blood into the fleet. My next order will be a Tailored pilot.

Maybe we should set up an Axel trade group? If you are looking to change the appearance of a sailplane, and the look of a new pilot might just do that for you, we could trade up pilots of the same size? Just an idea.

Tim

Comment

Officer Tim, its time you took up German lessons..............I can help

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          Tim speaks 'Golden Gopher'!
      Working...
      X