Get your solartex while you can.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your solartex while you can.....

That's right! I stocked up on some pinked and perimeter tapes. Dynamic Balsa owns 'pink-it.net' and Solartex is used to make them.

Comment

Confused, does solarfilm make solarTex fabric?
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Originally posted by gunny11 View Post
        Confused, does solarfilm make solarTex fabric?
        Yes, it does.

Comment

WHAT!!! Solartex is the same? Tell me this isn’t so!
          Last edited by DennisB; 02-09-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Better find a 10 meter roll of White Solartex to finish the Musger. AMR does not show white available, but Balsa USA lists it!
            Who else stocks 10 meter rolls?

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Ordered about $500 worth of Solartex today, white and natural. I should be good for about 4 models. No 10 meter rolls of natural in stock but I got 5 meter rolls. Just another sign of what’s happening to the traditional model aircraft hobby. I’ve got a shotgun and an AR-15 sighted in for drone takedown.

Comment

• Steve P
                Steve P commented
                Editing a comment
                Where did you buy? I saw Balsa USA was out of 5m white.

I ordered two 10 meter white rolls from BalsaUSA, or at least they showed inventory when I payed. I ordered four 5 meter natural, they didn’t have it in 10 meter.

Comment

So what is the next best covering? I used to use Monocote for many years but switched to Solartex and never looked back.

Tim

Comment

Since our scale club does a lot of "string bag" airplanes. One of our club members bought out the 100 meter roll of antique. Yes I said one hundred! From the manufacturer in England.
                  Gunny
                  Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Rumors are BalsaUSA would like to take over production of Solartex, but that is strictly rumor. Meanwhile I may even order another large roll of white. I like having a large inventory of modeling supplies, the industry is changing and things are probably not going to be as available as we have been used to for the last 20 years.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Balsa USA alternative to Solartex called Planetex?

Comment

Working...
                      X