Back to the future - FAA Registration is coming again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the future - FAA Registration is coming again

AMA Government Affairs Blog... http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...vember-9-2017/

I hope I can still use my number?! Not sure what will happen for those who got a refund.

Congress recently finalized the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that restores the FAA’s registration requirement. This bill reverses an earlier U.S. Court of Appeals decision that struck down the registration requirement when John Taylor challenged the rule. When this new national defense bill is enacted, all hobbyists and members will again be legally required to comply with the FAA registration requirement.

We expect this legislation to go through final passage in the House and Senate, and to the President’s desk soon. AMA members will be required to comply with the registration rule when it is again in effect. We will update you when this happens.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable threshold, arguing that if registration is to be implemented, the criteria, threshold, and implementation should go through rulemaking. We are advocating that members should be able to use their AMA number/membership as an alternative to the registration requirement. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA registration requirement when this bill is enacted.

We continue to work closely with Congress, the FAA, and other stakeholders to determine the best path forward when registration is reinstituted.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

NTSB Issues Final Report on Collision Between Drone and Army Helicopter

https://fstoppers.com/drone/ntsb-iss...icopter-210633

I fear the stupidity of a few will be visited upon all. This guy clearly is a hazard to us all let alone air traffic.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
    X