German/ European Sailplane Prices May Escalate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German/ European Sailplane Prices May Escalate

Due to the unfortunate economic crisis in Greece the Euro's value will change causing prices to escalate. Germany is directly involved, more or less. If you are on the fence about a purchase then it might be a good idea to pull the trigger before the current stock of European made sailplanes and etc. are exhausted.

Mike,
    Some (OK, me too) have been on a buying spree for the last 6 months due to the exchange rate. While our domestic suppliers are stuck with inventory that was purchased at higher rates, those who have gone direct to producers have faired quite well. As the exchange rate increases, I think the domestic suppliers will regain their original investment and then will be cautious about replenishing until things settle down so yes, there may be some scarcity in the not too distant future.
    There are some GREAT deals to be had. I have picked up a 40% all-molded Libelle from Airworld and a 40% ASG-29, all molded, both for less than what an H-model 40% airplane would cost. To be fair, they are not built to the same quality or level of completion that Radim produces nor do I expect similar performance but I am Impressed with the quality. Those of you who know me realize that is not an accolade I hand out randomly. The ASG 29 in particular has a surface quality that is just as good as H Model but it will require a bit more work in assembly.
    So, as you pointed out, if you want a deal, now may be the time to jump.
    Last edited by Asher Carmichael; 06-29-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Ditto on the exchange rate, I ordered my lost in the "Fire" replacement Pilatus B4 earlier this year and got a very good exchange rate. The only holdup is that Rosenthale has moved there facility, but it should ship any day now!

Jeremy and Ben
      SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Not sure about the escalating prices prediction??

The euro is headed to parity with the dollar. If Greece departs, it will happen even faster. Spain is also in tough shape. Not happy days for the euro. If Germany and other countries depart the euro zone and return to their own currencies then the game changes and prices will escalate.

My 0.02 euros
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I'm mimicking the 'talking heads' of gloom and doom when using words like 'might' and vague terms like 'value will change'! lol However... Greece doesn't wanna do the right thing (okay... the government, not people) and pay its debt. Germany seems to hold most of their 'bonds' or whatever they're called. If Greece 'quits' the EU then the euro will skyrocket effectively making export prices rise. Greece's economy has held the euro 'down' the way I read it. The EU seems to be a bad idea for strong economies and great for weak ones! Greece may get through this smelling like a rose, yet!

Comment

As the Swiss in this community, I'm steering clear of this debate about the European Economy!
            Hey......they don't even let me vote here!
            As long as we have our Swiss Fr. all is well

Jeremy and Ben
            SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Mmmmm! Swiss franks.... good on a bun with relish and mustard!

Comment

Now that's funny Michael

Jeremy and Ben
                SCC AAA TT NT

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                  As the Swiss in this community, I'm steering clear of this debate about the European Economy!
                  Hey......they don't even let me vote here!
                  As long as we have our Swiss Fr. all is well
                  You and me buddy! Though my krona hasn't been doing too good after 2008.

Comment

Working...
                  X