Spielwarenmesse - photo stream from Nuremberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spielwarenmesse - photo stream from Nuremberg

Stop by our @ScaleSoaringDotCom Facebook page for some snaps from the RC hall in Nuremberg.

China, drones and cars/trucks dominate with a clear decline in sailplanes and non foam airplanes
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

SO... what was called a "decline" in the post above from 2017 is now a complete free fall. The further diminution of our hobby was clear on the international stage at the 2018 Spielwarenmesse that wrapped-up yesterday in Nuremberg, Germany. While there are still many points of strengths in our hobby, the major companies or our youth are failing or moving quickly to evolve.

What used to be an entire building full of the most wonderful RC airplanes and sailplanes in the world is now a dismal shell of itself full of drones, drones, and assorted poor quality offerings too frequently from China. Horizon is gone. The huge Oracover exhibit, gone. Aeronaut, Multiplex, Robbe, JR, Hitec, the cool motor manufacturers, servo innovations and dozens of others gone. RC occupies only about 6o percent of the previous space (RC cars and trucks still appear to be doing well), of that about 5 percent is worth looking at.

#sad

Here's the one photo worth sharing. Oh look, a scale sailplane! Two. The only.

... Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	22873

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I can see the small cottage industry types gaining ground as we witness the demise of the large RC giants of our youth.......full circle ...again!
      In fact, the last couple of sailplanes I've purchased have come from small one man companies, not to mention supporting guys like Aviation Concepts and Iflytailies, among others!

My 2 cents

Blake

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had a crystal ball to see how this hobby will evolve! Solarfilm is quitting. I bought a boatload of pinked and perimeter tapes for future projects. I already have Ambroid stashed. Balsa- check. Ply-check. Covering- check. Dopes- check. Many supplies- check!!! Gotta build some airplanes!
    Working...
    X