• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A
    Originally posted by JK13 View Post
    Where is this located?

Joe
    Three miles south of Cumberland, Maryland in West Virginia atop Knobley Mountain. The open field is forty plus acres in size and the fly over area is mostly below the elevation of the runway.

JimD
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

We spent the July 4th evening having a picnic on the porch of the new HighPoint Hangar with some friends. The grass is really getting established on the banks along the front of the building. I walked down to the lower field where brush and small trees had started taking over. The brush hog cutting has dramatically improved things.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Looks awesome Jim,
          Looking forward to flying there.

SOON!!!!!
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

[QUOTE=JimD;n1836]We spent the July 4th evening having a picnic on the porch of the new HighPoint Hangar with some friends. The grass is really getting established on the banks along the front of the building. I walked down to the lower field where brush and small trees had started taking over. The brush hog cutting has dramatically improved things.

Snatch will be happy to know that Jim, now he'll not need a repair day in the conference room at the Fairfield Inn

Jeremy and Ben
            SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

So if anyone needs something brought to the event, let me know. I will bring along an ASW-20 with accessories and some other things. So let me know ASAP and I will do my best to fulfill your needs!
              Any special order must be received before noon today.
              The Model Box 205 978 8787

Jeremy and Ben
              SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

When we framed the restroom area, we did not run the walls up to the ceiling. The plan was to build a platform on top of the restroom that would allow a storage space for heavy things like batteries for a solar power system. When the drywall was installed, we stopped at 8' and planned to add a wide trim board around the top. After thinking about the look, we decided to added a 1"x3" board around the top and fill in the extra 6-1/2" with drywall.

We spent the first half of the day today working on this and another issue with the external connector plug for the generator. It was attached to the metal exterior but did not have support inside behind the attachment point. Today, we used some of our scrap 2x4 pieces to make an interior support. Now the receptacle box is very firmly attached to the building and doesn't wobble around when we plug in the generator cable.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Looks good........ but goodlord......put down the drywall screw gun! You need about half that many screws..... more screws..... more mud...... more sanding! 8-)
                  TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    Looks good........ but goodlord......put down the drywall screw gun! You need about half that many screws..... more screws..... more mud...... more sanding! 8-)
                    Can't get that model building thing out of my brain...you want the plane to hold together so you make sure you glued everything together! 😉
                    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      Tom, I'm not so sure about that... as word spreads about this venue and more and more people Haj to Cumberland, that map of the US will have so many pins that it will need all the support it can get!

Comment

HighPoint Aviation had three visitors from California today! Here are Bruce, Jess, and Jim (@jgallacher). New pins were added to the map!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

You Highpoint Aviation flyers are very lucky to have the facility Jim shared with us today. I left a card with Jim with the invite for any of you if you find yourself in the San Diego area you can contact me and I will se to it that you get in some tow time at our field. Thanks again to Jim for the hospitality.
                          Jim Gallacher

Comment

Good job Jim, how many States still need to be pined

Jeremy and Ben
                            SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

We finally got time to start painting. I decided to get the section where we started with insulation and drywall completely finished before tackling the rest of the walls.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Today, we finished the painting. The final color coat was added and the door was painted. Next step is to pull up the masking tape and put all of the parts back together to get the facility ready to use again. I still need to make an access door for the water shut off valve and pump switch.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X