Need some machining/milling help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some machining/milling help

Anyone know where I can get something like this accurately machined? They're sanding templates for a wing. Aluminum, G10, whatever is easiest is fine. I need five of them.

Thanks,

Mike

Emachine.com
    TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Mike
      PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
        Emachine.com
        You making this stuff up, Tom? I get some marketing page w/ no real content.

Comment

Emachineshop.com, not emachine.com

Comment

Originally posted by yyz View Post
            You making this stuff up, Tom? I get some marketing page w/ no real content.
            Yes.....yes I do.......just because I care! ....like Dave said... .emachineshop.com
            TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Mike:
              Can you convert the files to AutoCAD dwg or dxf format?
              Mac

Comment

Mike,
                I cannot view the picture full size, but they look like airfoil templates. Am I correct? If so, then what I have done for many years is to process the airfoils in Profili2, print them out, then paste them on a suitable material. I usually use 3 mm thick laminate that is commonly used as bathroom walls etc. in caravans. I have a buddy who works in the industry passes on offcuts.
                Then cut them out to the line using power tools and hand finish with sanding blocks.
                That is how hot wire templates can be made at home without a CNC.

Comment

Thanks Jim and everyone else who responded. Michael (SMYK) has been going way beyond the call of duty and helping me out.

Jim, these are actually profiling templates that you use to get the airfoil fine tuned after the wing is built. I wanted them machine cut to get the accuracy but do the actual cutting templates pretty much as you described. Not sure how much difference this will make but figured it's the best I could do without building female molds.

Comment

Mike,
                    I will be interested to read how you use them to do as you describe. I recently built some wing and tail plugs for a fully moulded model by hand. (Which I don't recommend by the way as it nearly broke my old body!)
                    However, I might have been able to employ your technique to finish them.

Comment

Working...
                    X