Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this heaven?

No. It's Polecat.

One of the best things about our hobby is the beautiful places we get to visit.

Today was practice for the 2016 Polecat Challenge. Right now, fly off rounds in F5J with Erich Schlitzkus in the hunt for first place! Greetings from Carlisle, PA. It ain't scale, but is sure is purdy...
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Day two. 67 pilots. 5 flight groups. Launches are "crowded." ;-). Tough visibility without a cloud in the sky.

In the foreground our aerotow pals from Canada -- Gudmund launching and Brian timing.

I turned in a perfect flight in the first round -- and screwed the landing for a big fat zero!
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Gudmund, Brian, Aurele, Erich, Pete, John and I are done honing our thermal skills. We are ready for some scale.

While it was a great weekend in Carlisle, PA there were many mentions of our friends off in Illinois towing and going high at Horizon.

Two days of half a roast chicken lunches and an entire roast pig Saturday night -- this crew flew hard and ate hard!!! I slept well too after the exhaustion.

Sad to know a great contest that ran for so many years reached the end of its run. I was there for the first, sporadic through the years and there for the last. I was fortunate to win a great momento to take home, winning first place for the final day of the final Polecat.

Comment

Congratulations Steve!!!

Team New England is thriving. Would you believe I posted a flight today with the Arcus of 1h 51m (Yes, 9 min short of 2 hrs..)

my neck is killing me.

Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

151?!?! What happen to the "screaming inverted low pass and tow again" guy?

Glad you're all having a great time. Safe home.

Comment

I think he included the assembly and disassembly time in that total Steve....

Nice work Len!! I fear that it may be a one and done thing though. "Well, been there done that, my neck is still sore, so let's get back to the tow plane after these next 5 loops and 6 passes across the field.."??

Nice work at Polecat, Steve! Weekend here was "DPA"... Dan's Persona Aerotow. He had a great weekend flying the ASW-20 at Wintonbury. Bidule worked well, right up until the last flight when the right side header broke at the flange weld..... LOVE the vibration!! Still a great weekend. Safe travels to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post

This was the old Len

I hard time competing to get the longest flight trophies..

I think I will need soon to fly 6 mm flights, can't compete with him!

Peter goldsmith what did you do! 😱
              Stéphane
              Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post

Pete Goldsmith took that part away from him, just for the one event
                Well done on the award Steve.
                Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                X