Aerotowing in Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerotowing in Daytona

Several of us met in Daytona yesterday to do some aerotowing. We had guys in from Orlando, Jacksonville and Cocoa. I had a great time and met more of the AT community. First of all thanks to DBRC for hosting us and providing an delicious lunch. Marc and Andy provided excellent tows. Bill Staley generously let my fly his beautiful TG-2 several times. It was great to see Kris back out, meet Bill from Jacksonville and catch up with Dan. I spent too much time evangelizing for AT such that by the time my Nimbus was ready to go the large tow plane was out for a structural repair. Next time.

There were several guys asking questions about flying. I let a few guys fly my little 2.5M ASW28 and they really seemed interested in getting involved. You will assimilate....

The guys from Daytona are talking about putting a strictly AT event on their calendar. I for one would be very pleased to participate.

That was fun, and nearly perfect weather

Comment

DBRC is a great bunch of guys and always great host. We really appreciate everything they do.

Comment

Good thing that I didn't do anymore tows with the Pawnee that afternoon, the undercarriage had some structural issues. One more landing and it might have needed a lot more repair. It's ready for more towing thanks to Bill's "maintenance hangar!" While it was in for it's "annual", he strengthened some other spots as well.

Comment

Working...
        X