Aerotowing in Atlanta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerotowing in Atlanta.

I flew today for the first time in Atlanta at Ward field with The Flying Griffins. They have a great field just south of Atlanta.

Nice Tom! Any local guys there watching?
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

OK Tom, we need to coordinate so we can get together in Atlanta or Alabama to do some Aerotowing. I maybe traveling to Atlanta to pick up my Discus and Antares fuselages from Ian Noble this following weekend, give me a call at The Model Box 205 978 8787 if you want to organize something for the future!.

Jeremy and Ben
      SCC AAATT TN
      Last edited by Swiss1; 12-01-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until just now. We had a great day of towing at the Flying Griffins field yesterday. I will be trying to fly there every Sunday. I towed Nathan Miller as he is the only one with a scale ship here but I think we lit the fire over here.
        Hope you are well, Tom

Comment

++++++++++++100 for you Tom...

Great job in spreading the word...

Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks for spreading the joy, Tom!
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Tom, I will let you know when I get my first free weekend after the New Year, I will try and bring Snatch with me.

Jeremy and Ben
              SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Thanks guys! It is always cool to hand to controls over to someone who has never flown a good hi performance sailplane like my Antares and watch their reaction.
                Here is a link to a short video of me towing up Nathan Miller last sunday at the Flying Griffins field.

Comment

Looks like a pretty big runway Tom, what's the dimensions?

Jeremy and Ben
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Hi Jeremy, Yeah it is a full size grass runway that is owned by a retired airline pilot. He lost his medical so he does'nt use it anymore.

Comment

Tom,

What is the possibility of having an Aero Tow Event there?

Atlanta is not a tough drive from Melbourne, Fla. I am sure you would draw a pretty good crowd.

Kris
                      Last edited by Kris; 05-21-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Kris,

Yes it would be a great place to have a aerotow event.

Nathan Miller is a member of the Flying Griffins and could possibly put an event together.

​I am heading back to California on June 18th but you never know when I mite be back seeing as this is where Hollywood makes movies now.

Comment

So Tom, you have just enough time to attend the Horizon Aerotow before your return home, that is once you correct those badly executed SWISS CROSS's of yours

Jeremy and Ben
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

I'm in the Atlanta area and I would be happy to help out with a local aerotow

Comment

Working...
                            X