Aero-tow at Jax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero-tow at Jax

Had a bit of an aero-tow today at Jax RC field here in Jacksonville. Have been getting rusty with all the rain and humidity here in Florida.

Called Andy G and we went out to the field today to maiden my Baudis Salto. Btw Andy is a great tow pilot! Had me up to altitude I n No time!

I flew one of my favorites; the DG-1000 and accidently went into some low clouds. That was about the scariest part as I didn't lose sight of the sailplane, but rather blended in real well..

Finally flew my new Salto that I built a year or so ago. This is my second Salto to replace the one that the tail fell off in flight. First flights always gives my the jitters, but this one was a total non-event. Was very predicable and well behaved.

I programmed some up aileron per Ken's suggestion to alleviate any snapping tendency while flying slow.. especially while one is landing. Worked real well.

Here are a few pictures that Shari took today.

Enjoy

All the best,

Bill

Hi Billy.
    Glad you posted these pictures, the Salto looks beautiful, how big is it? Which manufacturer?

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Hi Len,
      This is the 4m from Baudis. My first one had a catastrophic crash from the tail departing the model in flight. Look for Salto in scale sailplanes on RC groups for pictures.

Really loved the way it flew in its' short life, so I bought another. ​
      Need to work on some aerobatic set-ups.
      Also noticed that this model didn't seem to lose much altitude doing some rolls and loops. Had to be the model as I'm not good at aerobatics
      Will be able to tell more as I continue to fly it.

All the best,

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X