No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day in Salem today......good weather, wind down the runway, and occasional clouds.

Lots of thermals and great flights.

Many thanks to Len and Scot for all the tows !

Comment

• WOW.... On my goodness.
      What a day today was, ( Monday ) July 3

Today Scot, me and Gunny where there to fly in PERFECT weather. Warm, sunny and beautiful sky. Lift was crazy. The Quintus was my sailplane of choice today with Scot flying his Arcus while Gunny guided his 1/3 scale 2-33 from thermal to thermal.

At one point, the Quintus was just about in the landing pattern when we hooked a thermal and took it up to about 3000 ft. Crazy lift!!!

Thanks to all that came out to fly with us over the last three day, and thanks to Bob and Gunny for Lunch's

Len
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Thanks guys for the invite and tows.... I had a total blast! Monday was the best of the weekend.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• Any towing in the forecast ??

Comment

• Don - There will be a brief session on Sunday from 10 to about 1 mostly to have Pit Crew Len tune the carbs on my Bidules. I think Bob Morrow may be planning to stay longer with his tug.
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Are there any plans for flying Labor Day weekend?

Comment

• We'll definitely put a day together based on the forecast. Saturday or Sunday.
                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Awaiting the word on aero-tow this weekend. Gliders need air-time.

Comment

• Hi Don,
                    Possibly doing a two day tow, maybe FRIDAY and SATURDAY.
                    waiting until later in the week for weather reports
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Looks like the weather this weekend is going to cooperate. We've decided to do a two day flying session, so FRI and SAT we will be towing in Salem.

Come on out and get some late season fun under your belt. Warm up for Williamsport too.

Len
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Count me in for Friday. The Bidule and Carbon Cub are ready to go.

Morrow's Lunch Wagon will be open for business !

Bob

Comment

• Looks like we are going to earn Saturday on Friday, but Dan and I will be there. Looking forward to it!!

Comment

• Thanks for the invite Len but our club is doing our Air Power Museum display again this year. Won't make it.
                            Gunny
                            Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• I can do some tow duty on Saturday.

Hoping the wind stays down for you on Friday and the clouds stay away Saturday!

Comment

• Morrow's Lunch Wagon is all set here.........I have enough for the first 12 customers (well, make that 11 so I get a sandwich myself)........Ham or Turkey, with Mozzarella or Aged Swiss on a hard roll, mustard mayo. Chips, and cookies........bring your own beverages.....$5 per person......Tow pilots (and their sons) are free.

Let me know if there is anything else to add to the menu and I'll see what I can do.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X