No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody considering Monday as well? Tuesday can be a fugly traffic day?

Comment

• Darn..., wish I could make it.. Off to Canada to see Newfoundland and Fogo island... Will see many of you at Cumberland,,,have fun!

Matt

Comment

• Definite for Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet.

Comment

• I'm going to look a the weather later in the week but Saturday would be my fist choice too. Woohoo stoked.
          Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• l'm in for Saturday.Corn is still low as of last Saturday.

Comment

• Will shoot for Sat. Currently camperLESS . In for repairs. Sorry Gunny.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stew2 View Post
                Do you know the corn status? Doesn't really matter though....

Gunny, Any chance you have spare brake pad sets? Happy to take 1 or 2 if you do.
                Corn status report: follows the expression... Knee High by the fourth of Ju-ly. (so, field is huge with soft cushy low green all around)

Comment

• Looking forward to Saturday. Want to see if that new-to-me ASK-21 flies

Comment

• I'll bring spare brake parts for Len and Scot.
                    Gunny
                    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• Just got in from California a bit late.......I will likely be there Sunday instead of Saturday.

Comment

• Tough weather today, cloudy and ceiling at about 800 feet. Yet we had a good time practicing takeoffs and landings. Much abuse of the corn field, and a number of use have some repair work to do.

I'll have to miss what is promising to be the better of the two days tomorrow, so, thanks to Len for the invite. See you all soon.

Some photos I got today can be found here; https://flic.kr/s/aHskYsUZor

A short video of a mid afternoon sanity crisis can be seen here:

Comment

• Thanks to Len and Scott for the "pattern" tows. Low ceiling and crosswinds made for good day to practice landings and takeoffs. Unfortunately as Conio mentioned some of us need to shop time. Still a good day with friends.

To back up the insanity video (nice job), here are a few stills of the moment.

Take Gunny's new field transportation
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter-0007.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	17965
                          Add a towline and several pilots looking to try something different

Name:	Scooter-9971.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	17966
                          Result - Success (and entertainment value)

Name:	Scooter-9983.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	17967
                          Thanks guys!!!

Comment

• Gunny's expression pretty much says it all.
                            Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• Yes, great Fun had by all. Thanks for all the Tows Len and Scott. Good seeing and flying with everyone.

Maiden of the Rodellmodel ASK-21 went well. Plane is very easy to fly and thermal. A little fiberglass, epoxy, and tlc will have it nicely back on-line after a topsy-turvy crosswind launch.

Comment

• Oops. After four years without so much as a scratch, the wing finally gave out. It wasn't even all that hard of a landing (sorry no footage). Just super glad it failed on the ground & not 1000 feet up. Should be an easy repair...

Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Working...
                                X