No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yup +1 on all of that. Another joyous day of sailplaning at Salem and dodging high corn.

Matt

Comment

• Those casual days of flying with a group of good people are THE BEST! Love those long low approaches over the corn tops.

Big thanks to Scot for doing the lion's share of towing all day so the rest of us could play. Bob's tuned pipe conversion on the 170 appears to be a success too!
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Had a great time with everyone yesterday, that was a lot of fun.

Many thanks to everyone that helped with getting my Bidule working again.........very appreciated (I heard somewhere it takes a community to keep things working).......the engine works so much better when the ignition is getting power........turns out the kill switch was the culprit. Tom many thanks for use of the wire adapters to diagnose the issue.

My Bidule 170 seems to have awakened now with the tuned pipes for the exhaust system. I can tow everyone now without being asked when I am going to go to full throttle.

Caught some light thermals with the Arcus and had fun working that for one of the flights.

Looking forward to the next time we can get out together.

Bob

Comment

• Final Score:

Dan: 8
          Corn: 0

It was surely a great day out there. Everyone there had a great day of flying with no major disasters. Thanks to all who towed and Bob for providing lunch/a light snack. There was some lift out there which made things interesting and I could get about 15 minutes for my longest flight. Although, I heard word that Tom had scored 50 min. flight that day. Kudos to you. The ASW 20 continues to perform for me, especially when I get really down low on that corn. It was great to see Bob get the Bidule dialed in and Len get his Arcus completely dialed in for Vermont.

Overall a great day.

See you all in Vermont!

-Dan

Comment

• Found Today in Cornfield: left winglet from a 5+ meter sailplane. Orange color.

Maybe it's Don's?(can someone contact him to check)

Tom

Comment

• Wasn't that an 80s Stephen King thriller, "Winglets of the Corn"?

Comment

• Yes it is don's. there is another one somewhere.
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• TomTerrific?
                  TomTerrific? commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh- good. Winglet left in the locked medical emerg box at the field.

• King or Kubrick?? I think the color was clockwork orange because the other tip sadly died a violent dystopian death along with the rest of the airframe.
                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Unfortunately, the wingtips are the least of the concern. ;(
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Gobble! Gobble! It's Turkey Tow time!

This Friday 11/25/16 at RC Propbusters' field in Salem. Bring your sailplanes, tow planes and full bellies!

All are welcome. http://www.rcpropbusters.com/flying-field.html

Comment

• Turkey Tow postponed to S A T U R D A Y

Weather guessers predict a better day

Comment

• Great flying day and good seeing everyone.
                        Great big THANKS to Len, Steve, and Bob for the tows. Bob- thanks again for the lunch and Key Lime pie too. Lets hope for one more good flying day before winter.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5836.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	15453

Got in some winter flights today enjoying the 59 degrees.

Comment

• Her Ye, Her Ye, Her Ye,

We're towing this Saturday and Sunday in Salem. July 1-2
                            Rumor has it Mr Gunny will be arriving and staying on site with his Camper and another few guys may be camping out as well.

Come on down and get pulled.

Len
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Do you know the corn status? Doesn't really matter though....

Gunny, Any chance you have spare brake pad sets? Happy to take 1 or 2 if you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X