No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yup. what a great day! thanks for letting us know to come out there. 2 hr drive each way for me but always well worth it!! Great to see everyone again.

It was the first time in a long time of flying the glider without any wind hardly ( and vortexes on runway!), which really helps feel where the trim is set and do some slow flight. Had a chance to really practice some opposite rudder/aileron turns to keep her flat and super slow.

Nice to see the land so very flat without any corn stalk too. Will it be like that for awhile still in the spring?

and thanks to the tow guys! I will get one too someday!

Comment

• Hi Matt,
      The corn starts to get tall around the end of June.
      It was great seeing you again yesterday. You're war bird was awesome to see. Thanks for bringing that out.

You've had a great season, considering it was you're first aerotow only 5 months ago. Great job and I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say we're pleased to have you in our aerotowing community

Len
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• thanks much Len, and all, for the great support and learning the ropes of aero towing. I really look forward to seeing everyone on the circuit more next season and I have started penciling the dates in my calendars. Such a wonderful community of folks it is.

I hope to be at Salem much more and will be joining the club as a member this week.

Crossing the fingers for killer weather again next week !

Comment

• Anyone see the forecast for next weekend?
          NEAR 60

So obviously its a bit early for sure, but I'm making the time available and will be flying in Salem next Saturday Dec 12th
          If its anything like this past weekend it will be a wonderful late season treat.

Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Two days away!!! Come on gang, this is an opportunity we usually don't get... I plan to bring out my 7m ASH 31 and get some air time. Possible a couple other unique planes will make an appearance too.

Hope to see you all there .

Len
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• I'm there! bright and early!!

matt

Comment

• Sounds good, I'm in.

Comment

• Family obligations will keep me away...
                  Have a great day

Comment

• I'm pregnant and in labor.... Don't forget the sunblock!!

Comment

• Congratulations Scott, I did not notice when we saw you in Cumberland

Jeremy and Ben
                      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• I work hard to keep my girlish figure, complete with an excess of ice cream in the diet!!

Comment

• Another day of great Aerotow at Salem ! There should have been a better turn-out given the beautiful (and warm) day !!

As always, Thanks to master tug-pilot Len B for all great tows.

.......... and my special thanks to Len for his expert help in making a make-shift canopy out of cardboard. I'd not realized it till I got to the field, but the Air Bear was back at home. It was risky not to have him on the stick, but we flew anyway.

Thanks again,
                          Don
                          Last edited by Gliderhead; 12-12-2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Beautiful day... Thanks to Don, Tom, Matt and Don for showing up and flying with us. The ASH-31 flew fantastic. Lift was crazy good. At one point, it didn't matter where in the sky you were, you were going UP.
                            Two Bald Eagles came by and circles around the field for an hour or so. Don C was circling with them in big thermals. The ASH-31 didn't want to come down. Full flaps and spoilers and still going up.
                            Great day, sad turnout, but we had fun anyway.
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• hey hey...another awesome day. Good to meet you Don , and glad that you could still fly with the cardboard canopy. Great to see the ASH-31 fly. Good luck with the Mustang Maidens today Len and Rob !

Keep us posted on any other weekends coming up as usual!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• HO HO TOW IS A GO.

Since there's no snow and the wind won't blow, we have to have a HO HO TOW.

Now don't be slow, you don't need dough, all you need to do is show

So let me know - if you can go - to the first annual, HO HO TOW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 4.22.58 PM.png
Views:	76
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	5894
                                Len Buffinton
                                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X