No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve, very glad to hear that Porter #2 was still capable of front line towing service!

On my Porter #3, I discovered that the stiffer aftermarket shock springs can make it very difficult to land without bouncing. I changed them back to the stock springs and wow what a difference! Just say'n. 👍
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Turkey tow 2015 is in the oven.
      It was a great day, lots of flying with a very respectful turnout. Weather started out with 200ft ceilings until about 10:30 when it started to break up, then flying in between the low clouds was necessary for another hour or so until the overcast lifted completely.
      Steve stepped up to the plate with his Porter, doing the majority of towing throughout the day with Bob for pitching with his Bidule too.

Warm weather, good lift and a bunch of friends flying together for the last time this season, what could be better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1917.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	5483 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1918.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	5484 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	5485 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1928.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	5486 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1925.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	5487 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5488 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1924.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	5489 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1923.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	5490
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Dig the photos Len.

I wasn't expecting such a big turnout, pulling into the site I was like "wow that's a lot of cars". We had two tugs running at once, awesome. Flew the heck out of T-HEVY as usual, took the mini-Minimoa up a few times. Got to fool around with John's aerobatic, fast-glass ehh... whatever it was. That was a nice change from slow-boat vintage birds (although we like those too), great fun.

Cheers to the tug pilots, especially Bob for scrambling all week to get his Bidule fixed in time. Len & Steve too for being... well... themselves. You folks rule! And also great to hang out with everyone else & do what we do best.
        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• Had a great time with the group yesterday. A fantastic turnout.

Wonderful pictures Len, thanks for sharing them.

I was able to help with towing a little with the Bidule, but unfortunately had problems with the ignition again in the early afternoon and had to put it away......I'll sort it out and have it back flying quickly.

Really great to see so many sailplanes and many thanks to Steve especially for all the towing yesterday.

Many thanks to Len and Steve for making the event happen this year.

Comment

• Hey all ...looked like a perfect day and tons of fun as usual! Bummed I could not make it...inlaw duties....keep us posted on any other last minute fly days before next season!

Matt

Comment

• Great time yesterday. Many thanks to Bob, Steve and Len on the tow duties and putting the day together. Great shots Len. I'm glad you got a shot of me and my son. Put the Cularis in service to let him try some stick time. He did ok for the first time but less wind would have helped him. It was interesting that one time I let him try the ASW20 (after a few flights short flights on the Cularis) and after he was on the box for no more than a few seconds he exclaims "Wow, this is different.... Much more stable..." Hmm

Dan and I snagged a few shots. see attached.

Will post a few more after these 10

Looking forward to the warmer weather already. Happy Holidays all.

Jeff

Comment

• Here's the other group.

Jeff

Comment

• FLYING THIS SATURDAY IN SALEM

DEC 5th

Looks like nice weather this weekend, so we'll be towing and gliding and whatever else you want to fly.
                  Come on out and join us.

LEN
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• cool, will try to make it again...

Matt

Comment

• Weather is looking amazing for tomorrow, No wind and 50+ degrees- Huge thermals forecasted according to the SSMG

YEAH BABY.

I'll have the Bidule fired up for vertical launching!
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Ya- sounds GREAT! I'll be there too.

Comment

• One of the years best flying days. Thanks Len and Rob for all the tows!
                          One of my tows hit a whopping 2200 feet. And, i didn't even roll the sailplane during the tows this time... although i lost sight of her once

I'm finally enjoying the 4.3m Ventus 2cx. Less fixes and more flying. Today, thermals were everywhere and after 30-45 minute flights, we were all landing exhausted and happy.

Good seeing everyone again. Take Care.

Comment

• Holy Smokes Batman... What a day!!
                            Crystal clear blue sky's and stupid lift everywhere you flew. Never seen such a day. With only the slightest hint of a breeze, you could land any direction you chose. Bidule 180 did the hauling today with Myself, Rob and John Banks on the sticks throughout the day.
                            Great to see the guys again, hopefully the weather will hold for next weekend.

Didn't get many pictures today, but at the end of the day, with the sun setting and the local restaurateur calling, everyone chipped in to help me get the planes apart and packed. Thanks again guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5623
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Much sadness thinking about you guys from my desk at work today

Glad it was boomer of a day for you though!

Comment

• What a fantastic day today......weather was amazing, very mild breezes caused by passing thermals.

I had the Arcus out and caught some great flights !

Many thanks to Len, Rob, and John for all the tows.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X