• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landing

Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Looks and sounds like the Bidule is pretty much what I thought it would be. Congrats on the maiden, Len. Working to get mine in the air.

<iframe width=&quot;420&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/zznCjb06K84&quot; frameborder=&quot;0&quot; allowfullscreen></iframe>[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hey all...thanks so much for the fun July4th. It was great to meet you all and do some soaring. And Thanks to all you guys towing, helping out and lunch...and Len for teaching me what I needed to do to get my new plane into shape before the maiden, which he did for me. It sure felt great to soar this plane and learn the ropes of landing. Here's some photos and videos I have
        Last edited by hello82; 07-05-2015, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Len perfect landing of the maiden of DG505... Thanks again Len on helping me out !

Comment

OK, I give up, it did happen

Jeremy and Ben
                SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Guys,

I will be at the Salem Field tomorrow, with a tug. Its a casual day, testing out some new products and a new plane. If you are looking to fly, stop on out,
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
                    Guys,

I will be at the Salem Field tomorrow, with a tug. Its a casual day, testing out some new products and a new plane. If you are looking to fly, stop on out,

Does that mean you have Formal flying days, does one have to wear a Tuxedo to attend

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

No tuxedo required. Shorts and t-shirts would have been advised.
                      It was warm today!!!!
                      But what a beautiful day, BOOMING LIFT. .. Lift was so ridiculous that even I was able to make an ARCUS go from 400 ft to over 2000 in less than 5 min.
                      Of course, it was Bobs Arcus.

I spent a good part of the morning tweeking the Decathlon and getting it perfect. Then it was time to test fly my new 35% H9 Extra 300

This plane flies like its on rails. Very impressive. I'm taking it to Cumberland to tear up the sky....

Attached Files
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

No tow hook?WTF

Comment

Lot of fun at Salem today. Len helped me dial in my Arcus with my radio change........flies great !

We spent some time getting the flap/spoiler mix set for landings........the Arcus flies like it's on auto pilot now

Who knew Len could thermal ????

Had a great time watching Len read the air and see the Arcus climb as it did. We used the altimeter/vario sensor to track the altitude and also the climb rates.....pretty cool function on the radio. As Len said before it started out at about 400 and just kept going up like it was on an elevator.

Len's Decathlon flew well, and towed the Arcus with authority. The new Extra 300 of Len's looks sharp and flies even better than it looks.

Great to get out and get some test flights in today to get ready for Cumberland. Many thanks Len for the help.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            No tow hook?WTF
                            I know!! Right?? WTF I say that all the time " What To FLY" ? So this time I flew the Extra 300

See ya on the mountain Chuck.

len
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

darn missed that last weekend....hope to see you guys again Delaware in August though.....but keep us posted on any more towing in Salem! Wish I could make Cumberland but have to travel

Comment

Hi guys.
                                Flying this Saturday in Salem.

Tow master Bob Morrow will be bringing his Bidule 170 so bring out the heavy's. Of course, the Bidule excels at towing the small stuff too.

See ya all there.

LEN
                                Len Buffinton
                                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X