No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be there with T-HEVY & the mini-Minimoa (if I can get it fixed in time).
    Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• I'm in too!
      No tow plane, but i have one of those other things that go on the other end of the tow line.

Comment

• Arg.. Missing it again. Picking up daughter in NY for family visit.

Oh well, I know it will be a great day then. Everyone else - GO FLY!!!

Jeff

Comment

• Nice FlyIng today. It was good seeing everyone. Steves new Mibo all carbon DG was spectacular.

Winds maybe 15-25mph made landings dicey... but pleased that NO carnage observed or occurred.
          Once up high, allot of us were treated to what was perhaps a "wave" propelling our ships to airbrake height. What fun.

Thanks again to Bob and Len for all the tows!!!

Comment

• Yeah the air was kinda weird today, I'm thinking that had to be some sort of standing wave we were in. I mean the thermals were all over & quite strong but they drifted downwind & were torn apart by the high winds almost immediately. Whatever we were in stayed in that one spot, what a treat. What was it, maybe three of us doing big S-turns back-n-forth for maybe 15-20 minutes, all the lift you could ever want. Great fun.

No carnage but I came close a couple of times. The first was an aborted tow at maybe 15 feet... T-HEVY suddenly rolled 90° just as it got airborne, big gust? <shrug>. Without even thinking about it I popped the release & got her leveled out just in time. Thankfully there was still plenty of runway ahead, made an uneventful if not premature landing. The second uhoh occurred towards the end of my last flight. Apparently my depth perception isn't want it used to be plus I can't say I'm used to flying in 20mph winds. Setting up for a landing I ended up getting WAY downwind on my final leg. I didn't realize just how far out I was. It didn't look good for making it back to the runway. Not sure how high I was above the trees but it felt all sorts of wrong to lower the nose & see if I could get her to penetrate better. And it REALLY didn't help that the wind chose that exact time to pickup BIG TIME. Just when I thought okay I've at least cleared the trees, maybe 10 seconds later, then I see the glider's shadow pass over the edge of the treeline. I wasn't even close to being clear when I though I was safe. And then there was like all that corn to get past too. Anyway long rambling story short... she did make it back to the field, was totally amazed. For a slow-arsed Ka-7, she will penetrate when she needs too. Like everyone was yelling, just gotta keep the nose down.

What a great day, good to see everyone.
            Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• I've heard rumor of an electric fly-in on Sunday July 17. Is this true ???

Comment

• Not truue, but also somewhat true. The Propbusters club annual electric fly is this SATURDAY the 16th. 9 A - 3 P. All electric. Rain date is Sunday.

Enjoy if you go. I'll be at the CRRC ALES contest in Boston.
                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• E-Fly is this Saturday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Open flying afterward.
                  Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Looks like the weather should be pretty good this coming Saturday, anyone flying ?

Bob

Comment

• hey...hhhmmm... might be able to make, not 100 % sure yet though

Matt

Comment

• Hi Bob.

I'm in for flying Saturday.

I'll be there about 9:00.

Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Sounds great......I have my Bidule all ready to go and dialed in now (thanks to you Len) and I'll bring some sailplanes as well.

I will actually be there by 9 as well.....breakfast is on me if I miss the time.

Comment

• I can guarantee you'll miss the time.

It's then called lunch.
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• You never know......old dogs can learn new tricks now and then.

Just in case......what do you want for lunch ?

See you at around 9.

Comment

• I'm DOWN for some UPs this weekend. Count me in.
                                Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Working...
                                X