HighPoint Aviation Airfield near Cumberland, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighPoint Aviation Airfield near Cumberland, MD

So far this month, June 2015, I've spent 4 days at the Sky High Aerotow near Muncy, PA and 4 days at the Horizon Hobby Aerotow near Monticello, I'll, plus 3 days driving time getting to and from these events! Mean time back at my home field the grass is enjoying the warm temperatures, rain, and sun. Well, today was the day to catch up on the mowing.

Two and a half hours on the John Deere restored order and then Marcy brought us a picnic lunch to enjoy while sitting on the deck of the new hangar facility. Here is the view...did I mention that I love this place? 😎 we are looking forward to having everyone here for the Cumberland Summer Soaring event July 16-20.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Jim, The field and the new building look great. Cant wait to see in person

Steve K
    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Can't wait to get there, I believe a Hangar (House) Warming Present is in order, but what?
      Now in deep thought...................I will come up with something special.
      See you all there.

Jeremy and Ben
      SCC AAA TT

Comment

I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
          Can't wait to get there, I believe a Hangar (House) Warming Present is in order, but what?
          See you all there.

Jeremy and Ben
          SCC AAA TT
          Astonished a wall sized Swiss flag didn't get mentioned here... Just say'n.

Comment

Now there's an idea Scott......................but I would rather see it flying on the Flag Pole
            that I don't see in any of the pictures

Jeremy and Ben
            SCC AAA TT

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
              See you all there.

Jeremy and Ben
              SCC AAA TT

Here is what the Professor found...a map of the USA so that pilots can place a flag to denote where they live...neat!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Gentleman, please note there are many States with no Flags, the idea is to have at least one Flag in every State, so make your plans to to visit this great venue!

Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Check out this late August sky!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                    Check out this late August sky!

Beautiful!

Comment

Can anyone send me a map showing how to get to the Highpoint field in WV? Thanks.
                      Jim Gallacher
                      jgallacher@nethere.com

Comment

Latitude: North 39° 34.941′ Longitude: West 78° 47.134

Link here:
                        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks Steve but I have found it on the map I just cannot see any way in?
                          Jim Gallacher

Comment

Go to "Airfield Location" on the website and there are step by step directions. http://highpoint-aviation.org/highpo...ion/road-trip/
                            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Do they fly every Saturday?
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X