• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OcTowber Fest

Click image for larger version

Name:	Octowberfest 16 (3).jpg
Views:	254
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	13438 The Sled-Works gang decided to get together and do some "possible" end of year local aerotowing today at my humble abode. If you think snow doesn't come until official winter, just google "Halloween blizzard, Minnesota" and you can see how 30 plus inches of snow can come down in the fall.

We ended up with about 2 dozen people arriving with gliders and tugs. We had 150 cc tugs down to electric tugs. The winds were perfectly down the runway! Kevin Kavaney did a majority of the heavy lifting with his giant 108% Pegasus with a DA 150 on board. Larry Sorrenson also had his giant Balsa USA cub powered by a DA 150 as well. There was one electric Telemaster flown by Adam Koeller that took up the lighter ships.

The lift wasn't bad and the comradeship even better. We took a break around 1pm for a delicious lunch consisting of wild game brats, beef burgers and many other goodies brought by the participants. We flew until almost dark and then ended the night sitting outside the hangar discussing the days flying. No one really wanted the night to end.

I managed to take an aerial photo with my Yuneec Typhone that shows just how many people were here. What you don't see very well is the 709 foot runway just below the shot.

It was a great day. I am truly blessed to have my own airstrip in my backyard and even more blessed to have a wife that really wants me to host more events!

Tim
    Attached Files

Man... I wish I could have been there!

Comment

Way too far for most of you guys to drive to we know...but this was a really cool event with the winds right down the run way and Tim and wife Lennia going totally out of their way to accommodate all these men visitors as well as feeding up Duck and Deer meat that Tim had harvested plus Jams and other goodies from their gardens...nearly 400 acres of solitude ....Tim is actually more like Doctor DoLittle with his passion for wildlife and other animals...humbling to check it all out...if any of you want a HD picture of the above let me know and I can forward...
      ​Since Winter is on our doorstep...the PEGASUS sleeps tonight as I took it to my storage area today...I noticed a tear on it's face when I close the door tonight... kevin
      ​

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you cradled your Peg and kissed her good night? It was great flying with you again Kevin. We have had quite a year together haven't we? From Horizon to Sled Works to Clover Creek. We've had a great year of flying together buddy.

Nice stuff guy's, when I get the time I will have to make the trip up there!

Jeremy and Ben
      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        Bring a blanket you southern man you.

• Swiss1
        Swiss1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your talking to the wrong southern man! You should direct that to Snatch.

• Xroadie
        Xroadie commented
        Editing a comment
        That's right.... Swiss1 is from the Swiss Alps he's an Alpine man

Originally posted by Mosquito View Post
      I am truly blessed to have my own airstrip in my backyard and even more blessed to have a wife that really wants me to host more events!

Tim
      You are blessed Tim!!
      I wish I had a set up like that, that was just outside my back door
      Pete
      PS:I'd like to come up and fly with you guys sometime!
      Last edited by Xroadie; 10-22-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

BTW...if I bring the Carbon Cub....I'll bring along this t-shirt

Comment

Working...
        X