No announcement yet.

Bidule 170 Hydraulic Brakes!!! Can fit other big tugs too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for putting the design together Gunny, It's been the best addition to the Bidule by far!!

i can't live without my brakes
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I agree with Len, and the safety factor is "10 fold". At the aerotow last Saturday I had at least 10 people come up to me and say "Hey, does that have brakes? You stopped and held your position while the sailplane hooked up".........And I proudly said, "why yes, it does" Thanks again Gunny!!!

Comment

• gunny11
        gunny11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, cool, thanks!

Update: towed a ton at SERA the last 3 days and the brakes on my Bidule 170 sure made my job easier, and the increased safety factor is a very nice plus!
      Gunny: What is best used to spray/clean all the crud off the calipers? Thanks again Gunny!

Comment

The maker of WD-40 sells a degreaser in a spray, Lowes has it. It washes away the oil and dirt very well.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          How about 'brake cleaner' spray? I use it on my full scale antique car stuff. Is it okay to use on these?

I don't know.... Never used the stuff. If it's safe on o rings, then give it a try.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Gunny — when we’re together at the New England Aero Tow, let’s look at my Bidule 111 and see what might be possible — perhaps adapting the Decathlon set? The 111 rides on 6” wheels, but if DuBro ever gets 7” back in stock that might be an option?

Stopping power is a good thing.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• gunny11
            gunny11 commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem Steve. I'll bring my calipers, ha ha I mean measuring device and pen and paper.

• Swiss1
            Swiss1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve, if you need 7' Dubro 700TL Treaded Lite Wheel, I can help you out!

• Steve P
            Steve P commented
            Editing a comment
            Gunny —thanks! Jeremy — thanks - I might. Stay tuned. 7 is a bit huge for the high performance sporting size Bidule.

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Bidule 170 brakes with Gunny's upgrade kit. I would like to mount my auxiliary fluid reservoir off to the side a bit and not directly over the master cylinder. Where can I find the 90 degree Festo fittings and tubing that Jim D used on "Bidule #2"? Gunny? Jim?????

Tim

Comment

Find out more about Festo precision in Pneumatic connectors & shop our online catalog of over thousands Industrial Automation products. Quick & Easy Online Ordering!

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Tim, I get my supplies from Dreamworks, they have some great stuff!
                https://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog...=festo+fitting

Jeremy
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                X