Pegasus Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegasus Retrofit

One of my winter projects was to add MVVS tuned pipes to John Wilson's Pegasus Tow Plane in an effort to change it's "audible profile"
    Using KS exhaust stubs and tubing, I did have to adapt the 25mm OD tubing to the 28mm OD inlet to the MVVS tuned pipes. I found that the flexible metal tuning has the same OD and the ID of their 28mm connector tubing (flared part) so all I needed was an excessive amount of silver solder to fill the void. Finally got the Acetylene torch gas flow setting down so I wasn't over heating the tubing/solder... Of course, the aluminum plate is in place to avoid torching the covering/Airplane while I tack the tubing in-place.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3279.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	6493 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3280.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	6494

Name:	IMG_3284.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	6495 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	6496

Should be interesting to see what performance difference there is.

Scott

Scott,

What engine is in there?

Steve K
    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Lovely plane.

Comment

Scott, Looks just like mine, execpt for the color scheme. Mine has a 3W-157b2 up front, but very similar pipes. One simple issue I had with mine was the engine trying to spit off the pipes at the teflon coupler--header joint. Ended up soldering a small copper ring to the header and worked it smooth with a file. Now it stays on, and sounds wonderful.

Larry

Comment

We had that problem to, a quick solution for us was to drill a hole and install a fat pan head screw into each pipe, then put the clamp over it.

Name:	IMG_2277.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	6528
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
          X