New Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF 90" span - haul the smaller stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF 90" span - haul the smaller stuff

Those looking for a small tow plane with great scale fidelity, Hangar 9 just released a new Carbon Cub designed by Ali Machinchy. 90 inch span.

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN5065

Certainly smaller that their 1:4 J3 Cub at 106 inch span, but has a nice cool factor. Congratualtions to Ali on his first product developed for Hangar 9.

Photos from Ali...
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Steven I have to say that is a nice looking Cub. I have been looking to get a Cub and think I found one am eyeing the Super Cub Piper PA-18 4CH Brushless from http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-plane...nes-24ghz.html , they have them on for $199.99/- The one they are selling its a Dynam Super Cub PA-18 it comes ready to fly with all electronics pre-installed. This, 2.4GHz RC, 4 CH RC plane, looks great in the air and are suitable for beginners. Its acrobatic ability will keep the most experienced pilots entertained. What do you suggest? Shall I get it? I don't know why I am asking guys I will just get it and put my unboxing video and some pictures on here.

Comment

Hi Stevenson,

Its great to see you're getting a new plane!!! That's always exciting.
      If you are already a pilot and have experience flying, there may be better choices out there for you're money.

That Cub is just another molded foam airplane. Do you have a radio system already?
      The long term durability looks weak, however it all depends on what you want. If you need a plane to throw in the car and fly for an hour in the evening at the local ball field, that may be ok for that ( maybe not )
      If you want a durable towing machine, I would look into a wood structure plane.
      Experience has proven, over time a wood structure hold up much better that the foam, regardless of the manufacturer

I hope these thoughts were helpful

Good luck with your decision and look forward to seeing your choice whichever way you go.

Len

PS, where are you located?
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Anyone converted this to a tow plane yet? I am seriously considering it. There is a big need where I am for towing 2-4m gliders...

Comment

I've seen the plane, but not set up for tow, It looks really nice and I keep threatening to get one but I have others in the queue.
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
          X