No announcement yet.

H9 33% Pawnee Tug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, new to this forum. I am about to purchase a Hngr 9 Pawnee, but it does not have a tow mechanism. Where would I purchase one?

Comment

• You need something like this. http://www.icare-icarus.com/Remote-t...ne_p_1230.html

Need to add a bulkhead and use a decent metal gear servo.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Here's a link to the thread on how I installed releases on both of my Pawnees.

When I picked up my Pawnee from Jim Dolly last summer one of the conditions was that I needed to try his new and improved tow release location. We had discussed the
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• I have just acquired a Pawnee, the upper L/G support bolts bent and I have replaced them with 5mm bolts and added 3/16 ply reinforcement to the box. The tires crumbled and I have added new wheels. My problem is "slack" in the support tubes where the springs fit. I can lift up the L/G about half an inch before the spring come into action. Does anyone know the size of replacement springs from McMasters? I can make a video if this is not clear

Comment

• Originally posted by gradiz17 View Post
            I have just acquired a Pawnee, the upper L/G support bolts bent and I have replaced them with 5mm bolts and added 3/16 ply reinforcement to the box. The tires crumbled and I have added new wheels. My problem is "slack" in the support tubes where the springs fit. I can lift up the L/G about half an inch before the spring come into action. Does anyone know the size of replacement springs from McMasters? I can make a video if this is not clear
            That's in this other Pawnee thread..
            Guys I have had one spring go soft on me reducing its length by some 20mm compared to the other. "Question" Is this common? would also like to

Comment

• My tired old Pawnee (I'm the 3rd owner) lost the right door the other day. Almost finished fabricating a new slightly more reinforced replacement but was wondering if I should duplicate the stock locking mechanism or is there a better solution? I plan on taping both doors in the future. At least the leading edges.

Comment

• The only issue I've had with the stock latch is the hole in the fuse enlarging from vibration. Stock latch plus taping seems to work fine. It's usually the wood at the bottom that fails. But looks like you've reinforced that nicely.
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Sounds good. Will just go with duplicating the stock mechanism and tape.

Comment

• If I had a dine for everyone of those doors people have lost........... well, Id probably have a couple buck, but regardless I've heard that happens a lot. anything you can do to make it better is good, tape it for sure.
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                    X