No announcement yet.

H9 33% Pawnee Tug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success!!! Got the Pawnee finished up this weekend and took it out this morning. After some last minute programming and checks we fired up the DA and it was time to go. It flew beautifully needed almost zero trim. Super happy with it, can't wait to haul some gliders up in Vermont.

A huge thanks to Len and Jim for making this possible. You guys are incredible. Another big thanks to my Dad for letting me access his shop, tools, parts and his knowledge.

Still a little more to do on it, but its almost all cosmetic. Again, can't wait for Vermont!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Congrats Kevin

See you in the Green Mountain Region
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Couldn't help but notice a certain family resemblance.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Something to do with the front end?
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yeah, just like that Frenchman who refuses to put the cowl on his Bidule

Jeremy and Ben
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• JimD
              JimD commented
              Editing a comment

Maybe it is the new tow plane chic thing...like an exposed engine hot rod.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The urge to fly is greater than the urge to complete the cowl!

Steve K
              Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

After doing some uh, significant maintenance to the fuel tank on the Pawnee after Goshen, we took it out for a shakedown flight before Cumberland. On the second flight the landing gear looked... funny. Really glad I stopped flying to check it. The forward landing gear block was clearly failing. So off came the covering

And here's what we found

Luckily it appeared that the main block had just popped at the joints, so it was pretty straightforward to glue it back together, but we wanted to add some additional reinforcement.

All covered and ready for duty at Cumerland. Really, really glad we caught it before heading down there!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

What are the recommended wheel replacements? I'm purchasing a used Pawnee and it still has the stock wheels.

Comment

• This is what I've been using on mine. Other guys are happy with the Sullivan Sky Lite Wheels.

The Treaded Lite Wheel, 6" by Dubro Products is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!
                    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Definitely the Sullivan Skylite. With the round profile, puts much less side load on the gear. The Dubro are flat profile and put much more side load on the gear when turning.

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Steve K
                      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• But if you really want the Dubro, I have two 7" for the price of one.

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Steve K
                        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Those Sullivan wheels look good. Thanks.

Comment

• Has anyone had to replace their wheel axles? If so did you buy 6mm shaft or drill out the gear to accept 1/4"?

Thanks,BB

Comment

• Pretty sure I drilled mine out to accept 1/4". I've gone through a lot of axles...
                              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X