No announcement yet.

New towplane - own design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure. I´m leaving for an aerotowing this weekend, but I´ll shoot some pictures next week.
    Regards
    Tinus

Comment

So, back from aerotowing event this weekend where I did the first tows with the TP towplane.
      Plenty of power it seems, judging from the quite light 1:3 scale single seaters in the 22-30 lb range I had an opportunity to tow.
      The engine ran perfect until the last tow on saturday, where the free spinning turbine wheel decided to disintegrate mid flight. The failure happened at enough altitude for me to make the airfield without damage, and the fire in the exhaust was quickly put out with no damage other than the cool "I´m a turbineflyer, and of course my models have been on fire" patina. :-)

The engine was sent to Kingtech today, and hopefully it can be repaired and returned quickly.

In the video from the event linked below, you can see the TurboPig in action at 4:05, and the very first tow with a 1:3 scale DG800 at 8:43.
      Ich hatte ein wunderschönes Wochenende mit einigen sehr netten und großartigen Leuten im Sæby Modelflyveklub ... (Diashow ends 1:55, be patient please :-)

I´ll shoot some pictures of the wheel brake setup during this week, as I have to disassemble one brake for adjustment, as it does not run quite true.
      Regards
      Tinus

Comment

Working...
      X