No announcement yet.

Czmelak building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been studying the wing build Len... There are shorter joiners and longer joiners...I have laminate the shorter ones which I think go towards the LE and the longer ones go towards the TE ??? hard to tell from the plans......I get the first part of the wing build shown in the lower pictures but not what joiner goes where for sure......they are each 1/8" so three of them laminated is 3/8" which is the spar width...so must become part of the spar but the transition is not clear to me.
    sorry for the Newbie questions but hate to keep making mistakes..
    Will await feed back before proceeding beyond the inner section build...
    thanks...
    Last edited by kjkavaney; 12-01-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hang in there, Kevin!

Hi Kevin,
    Yes the longer one goes to the TE.

Here are some photos that may help,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5952.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.8 KB ID:	21158

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5954.JPG Views:	1 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	21159

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5956.JPG Views:	1 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	21160

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5953.JPG Views:	1 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	21161

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5964.JPG Views:	1 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	21162

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5958.JPG Views:	1 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	21163

Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

as you can see in my tiny photo...still can't figure out how to do this right...slow setting aliphatic glue requires lots of weights and clamps and even more patience...
      Wing is scary as it is unlike anything I have ever built....Len has graciously sent me lots of pictures of how to do it correctly so with a big Breathe I started this last nite...one rib at a time
      as I have a slight warp in the spar...need to keep everything straight so no use rushing things...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	21332
        trying a bigger picture this time...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	21377
          this stuff is amazing, just got it from Horizon Hobbies today. It is as thick as Tite Bond, but kicks in about 5 minutes which is helpful for things that don't want to stay put. It is not nearly as thin as Super Aliphatic and in fact doesn't like to dilute with water like Tite bond....good to have all three glues actually...
          got a good start on the wing panel today...thanks Len for photos...finally makes sense...
          kevin

Comment

• JimD
            JimD commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on the Speed Bond, have really enjoyed working with it on the Swallow build.
        Working...
        X